Best metal Colt 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best metal Colt 1911?

Hi guys. I am looking to further my work on my current set of 1911's to make them look much more like Agent 47's pistols but before carrying on with this (as it will be very costly) I thought I would take a moment to think about perhaps changing the pistols I am using as the ones I am currently using are the WE 1911 GBB nickle finish pistols. I haven't really used them in a long time as they are very poor when used in the cold weather we get in the UK but have spent a lot in terms of upgrading them as much as I could as well as all the spare mags I brought for them. However, I thought if I'm going to dedicate more funds into this project I would see if there's perhaps a better choice of pistol I can use instead of the WE ones I currently have (has to be metal and preferably with a thread for silencers).

Thank you for any help at all. I've been out of the airsoft scene for a very long time unfortunately so any help at all would be awesome in terms of the best 1911 out there at the moment (but something that won't cost an arm and a leg as I would need to get two of them).
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: Best metal Colt 1911?

I myself for a while have been looking at 1911's that work perfectly all year round here in the uk,I use to use wa 1911's then changed to WE 1911's as the worked a little better but now I've settled with Ksc co2 1911's which work great all year round and are all within field fps limits and are full metal,you have to do a bit of modification if you want after market grips to fit though

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the older WE 1911s are generally considered amongst the worst guns WE have ever made, and that is saying something.

What's your budget? The best metal 1911s out there are NOVA-kitted TMs, but they aren't cheap at all.

Comment

I had a couple of the 1st Gen WE 1911s, they were as PureSilver suggests, rubbish. The Socom Gear versions were identical too, so they're worth avoiding too. I'm sure there are people out there that had great ones, but I had a litany of issues with my two.

The textbook route to a decent 1911 is TM + Metal Kit and tweaked internals. If I were building a new one, that's the route I'd be taking.

Comment

I know it's a 'TM am bestest' statement... but a TM with an upgraded recoil spring in a metal kit of some kind will be the best you can buy imho.

Kwa would be next for me... you can get some great range off their pistols. Though if you care about trades, then they won't be for you!

If you want a pistol to work reliably all year round though, it's got to be TM ABS... I have one for the winter and use metal for summer... just our climate unfortunately.

Comment

I agree completely with Wilkes 1875, I love metal pistols and have had a lot of we 1911s but I also love the reliability of a tm, so I now own a kimber tactical entry II, by far the best pistol I've owned it has the tm reliability and is full metal,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

there is no way to skimp on this tbh . Especially if you want a nickle finish slide ,non of the out the box decent full metal or abs 1911's come in a nickle finish and a threaded barrel as standard afaik . Cheapest way about it is 2nd hand tms and a nice metal kit . I know I may regret this question but.... Why does it have to be full metal? I would advise the nickle tm and be done with it tbh.

Comment

What is it that is so unreliable on WE 1911's?

and could you not just use the slide and frame from your WE 1911 on a Marui base, pretty sure the slide and frame are compatible

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                  What is it that is so unreliable on WE 1911's?

and could you not just use the slide and frame from your WE 1911 on a Marui base, pretty sure the slide and frame are compatible
                  Nope, the WE is a proprietary design. When TM first revealed whey would be making a 1911 (a long time ago now), WE beat them to it with their own version, which is loosely based on the TM Hi Capa design that had come out a few years before. Although the slide is pretty much the same (because 1911 and Hi Capa slides are compatible), the frame and mags are proprietary so it's not considered a TM clone. They're known as being unreliable mainly due to the heavy metal slide combined with a very slim magazine, making it virtually useless in the cold. The internals aren't very well made, and the finish wears of quite fast. It's not the worst pistol ever made, but certainly not a very good one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
                  Working...
                  X