X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like a new gun, but which?

Hello all,

I am a new....ish airsofter and pretty much know nowt about guns. So i have a raider gr 15 L at present which is a great gun, the issue is that its far to big for my liking as it is to heavy over time.

Now the kind of gun i am looking for must have the following:

Small and compact (Sub machine gun?)
    Able to use in woodlands effectively at distance.
    FPS of 300 - 350
    High rate of fire
    High mag capacity

Now i am not too fussed about accuracy as i like to suppress people! But i am not sure which gun i should go for, i have had about 5 games now but i would like a lighter gun as im a runner rather than plod yourselves to the ground and pick your targets.

Don't worry about the budget as its something i will be saving up for if it costs like £300. although im looking at £200 in all fairness.

so thoughts?

Re: Like a new gun, but which?

TM P90

Comment

Aren't the mags tiny for the p90?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
        TM P90
        Just what I was thinking... and oh the mags aren't tiny. Hi caps are 300bb, mid caps are normally up to 170 and lo caps (which comes with the gun) are 68bb..

Comment

Ak74u

Comment

P90 isn't a bad shout, I have the King Arms tan version which is great. However the hicaps are rubbish generally and if "suppress people" = spam full auto then the usage of midcaps is probably going to be out of the question. AK-74u = 600 round hicap.

Another thought is a G36C - 470 round hi cap and a reasonable weight or an MP5 - 230 round highcap.
            "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

My suggestions:

P90+ box mag with m4 high cap

Or one of these...
              http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4839

To "suppress people" but may be a lil' bit weighty.
              J

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                AK-74u = 600 round hicap.
                Or a 1000 rnd fat mag .

Comment

PDW
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

If the 2.2kg and mostly plastic GR15 Raider L is too heavy for you, I think the solution may be some bicep curls, not a new gun. Even TM's P90 weighs that much; VFC's PDW is about that, and PTS' PDR-C is just 100g lighter.

Comment

Haha puresilver my mistake its not that its heavy more of the shape is too big andnot my style I prefer small guns. Id prefer smaller guns so I can run at full force.

Comment

Fair enough! I'd suggest a bullpup or SMG for maximum compactness; you'll want something STANAG-compatible for hi-cap suppression, I'm guessing. TM's AUG High Cycle - which is light, has a high rate of fire, and is quite compact - would be a good choice, if you can find one in your price range. PTS' PDR-C is another alternative, though the gun is not without its flaws. After that, I'd consider something like an MP5K-PDW, or VFC's PDW, maybe.

Comment

Hey puresilver, Price aint an issue tbh if the gun suits me ill buy it, as id rather buy one good gun than 10 guns that dont suite me. Appreciate all the info everyone has provided to

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                            Fair enough! I'd suggest a bullpup or SMG for maximum compactness; you'll want something STANAG-compatible for hi-cap suppression, I'm guessing. TM's AUG High Cycle - which is light, has a high rate of fire, and is quite compact - would be a good choice, if you can find one in your price range. PTS' PDR-C is another alternative, though the gun is not without its flaws. After that, I'd consider something like an MP5K-PDW, or VFC's PDW, maybe.
                            PDR. its probably your best shot for what your looking for.
                            J

Comment

I'd go with an ak variant, an ak74u would be ideal. Version 3 gearboxes are great to upgrade and work on, the ak's are popular so there are plenty of upgrades, and full metal Ak's are real fun to play with. Plus an ak is the perfect 'bad guy' alternative to an m4 platform.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

strigoi Find out more about strigoi
                              Working...
                              X