Dilema - Which Gun. ICS L85A2 or KWA PTS CQB RM4 Recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema - Which Gun. ICS L85A2 or KWA PTS CQB RM4 Recoil

I had my heart set on the recoil PTS CQB gun from KWA.

But then I thought to my self... wouldn't mind an L85 again (had the ares and ICS previously)

Cost wise the ICS L85 is far better.... £315.00 then the RM4 is £330 + £15 for a new spring (they run hot out the box) then £80 roughly for 6 60rnd mags... hop rubber will need to be changed as these are by all accounts not great in stock form...

I love L85's but I also love a nice M4 type gun, especially a tasty CQB...

I want a new gun for the NAE and the above are my only considerations..

In terms of money its not the be all end all, but the prospect of saving xxxx and getting a good gun does appeal though (leaves me more room to buy other goodies I guess)

I have used the RM4 rifle and I must say wow... the recoil is amazing but really im a player.... I do like to use mid caps and the bolt lock is a great feature.

I would really like your opinions and some help in making my mind up..

Not after reviews as such as I have owned the ICS before (and it is a truly amazing gun, great hop, easy to change springs etc.) and read up as much as I can about the RM4...

Thanks in advance everyone, look forward to hearing your views

Re: Dilema - Which Gun. ICS L85A2 or KWA PTS CQB RM4 Recoil

The average price for a UK spec RM4 is around £350.

I use mine with PTS 120rnd T-Mags - did away with the 30/60rnd ones - and stayed with my main choice of mags.

Runs very well on 11.1 LiPo - there are a couple of small niggles that can be worked through to get it running sweetly.

Comment

get the ICS l85 in my opinion, while the recoil is fun on the erg I prefer the l85 (I have tried both).

Comment

What are the niggles you talk of with the RM4? Its proving to be a hard choice at the min :/

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

The ICS l85 has had no 'niggles' :D even if you do get 1 (doubtful) it is so easy to disassemble. The ICS will last long just like the kwa, I understand it is a hard choice but if you don't want small 'niggles' I would go with the ICS. one niggle I have experienced is the hop needing to 'warm up' which is kind of annoying.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HNW I have been airsofting for almost 11 years now.... Still enjoy it if anything more than when I first started. Unfortunately I Only get to go every other month or so now due to work and family commitments. Find out more about HNW
          Working...
          X