Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger - Strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger - Strange problem

So I've been using the Turnigy Accucel 6 charger for about a year now, and it has always worked perfectly.
    I haven't used it for a little while... my last game was at the end of March.

When I went to charge my LiPos the other day... it didn't want to charge them properly.

For example:
    The battery is a 3 cell 11.1V 1200mAh LiPo.

I set the charger to balance charge as usual... charging current 1.2A and select 11.1V.

I then come back an hour later to find that the charger has only put about 150mAh into the battery... I manage to fire off about 20 shots before it dies again.
    I have tried to increase the amps going in, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.
    The display always seems to show very low amps whilst charging... between 0.0A and about 0.5A.
    The strange thing is, the charger shows the "IN Voltage" as 12V...

I am almost certain it's not the battery because it does the same thing for both of my LiPos, which have always worked flawlessly since I've always balanced charged them, put them into storage mode after each game and looked after them.

Here's a screenshot of the display after 40 or so minutes. Showing 0.0A and very little mAh put into the battery.

This seems like such a strange problem and I haven't been able to find anything on it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    sigpic

Re: Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger - Strange problem

So the other day I tried to charge my LiPo again... and the charger gave me a "low voltage" error and refused to charge it.

I think it's safe to assume that I have a dead LiPo, and am probably better off buying a new one rather than risking a fire by trying to revive it.

My question now is... what causes dead LiPos?
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
    Working...
    X