What m4???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What m4???

I'm just getting into airsoft so I'm looking at getting my first AEG but don't know exactly what I want.

I'm looking at the g&g gr15 raider l blowback at the moment as I've heard they are good guns to start off with and easily upgradeable, so should tie me over while I save up.

I would like a GBB but not just yet maybe in the future when I've got used to looking after gas pistols.

The trouble is I want to go for a similar look to what the US army use with the RIS and standard stock.

For now I would be happy to just buy the g&g and get a few games under my belt and then look into building my gun.

My question is are there any decent m4a1's about that have metal bodies and colts markings, and would I be able to stow the batteries inside an RIS that's held in by the delta ring.

This is all stuff for the future really and I'm thinking maybe buy a g&g combat machine and swap the body to a metal one if I could find one with markings but I don't suppose there pneumatic blowback version would be compatible with a different make body, or would it?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense it's all in my head but hard to put across.

Below are some pics to show what I'm after. I have an RIS mount m203 coming which I know isn't accurate as the real one is barrel mounted, one of these pics clears some things up as it shows them using crane stocks so I may end up with a rear wired one? So confused at the moment.

Using Tapatalk

Re: What m4???

If you buy an m4 with an RIS, the battery would be too large to fit inside. So, you could either buy a battery PEQ box as in the last picture or it would have to be rewired to the back.
    I would recommend a KWA as it comes with a metal body.
    "One rifle, many missions"

Comment

If you don't have a valid defence against the vcra I would recommend renting until you do, if you have and just want a cheap m4 starter gun I would suggest the cm16 raider, non blowback. The blowback adds very little to the realism of the gun and makes it more complicated to work on. Switching the blowback receivers would also be a painful and expensive process.

If you really want to have that very specific looks and judging by the pics there is some flexibility, the I would suggest looking at the g&g sopmod which can be had new from £240 in the uk and is a top tech so metal and generally all round a little better.
      sigpic

Comment

There's a plethora of M4's,the trouble with KWA's is getting mags to fit,in my experience they are notoiously incompatible compared to any other make..

Comment

I'd vouch for G&G seem to be very good in my experience
          The clown has no penis

Comment

Originally posted by emergencychimp View Post
            The blowback adds very little to the realism of the gun and makes it more complicated to work on. Switching the blowback receivers would also be a painful and expensive process.
            I dunno, I like the little chink it gives my rifle as the bolt slides back and it really only adds a 3 minutes to disassembly /reassembly. It's gimmicky but i like it
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I'd go with a mid priced ranged G&G,
              Here's mine it's a RUSH, rear wired, front ris, blowback

image.jpg

sigpic
              OHHH BEHAVE!!
              GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
              YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

I'm in two minds about the blowback I know it's probably not going to be felt at all but it's the sound. I dunno.

No I'm holding out for a RIF just want to get my research done first so I don't buy a cheap dud.

If I didn't go with a blowback version would I be able to swap the body over to a metal one in the future?

Dazzer yours looks similar to how I want mine although I'd like a standard m4 rear stock which I don't think I'll be able to have due to battery placement. I have an element peq16 so can't buy a dummy one to use as a battery box. Is the rail metal or plastic?

I want something that will be compatible but cheap to start of I don't want to be renting for months and months I'm too impatient lol.

As for the metal body I don't want to spend out on one that doesn't have trades on it probably sounds silly but it's something I really want and would probably forget about the blowback version if that meant it was easier to swap receivers over. There just done seem to be many around I have an old TM plastic body under the bed with trades but would like a metal one really.
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

The G&G GC range are metal bodied combat machines, might be worth a look at those?
                  Upcoming Games:
                  None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                  Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

You have stated you are starting out and you have only recently joined the forum. Have you looked into the whole, VCRA/UKARA thing yet?

While the blowback is only gimmicky, I found the taking it apart etc so frustrating with such a weak aluminium bolt that I ended up damaging it and it led to loads of messing about.

If you got a non blowback, I think you can switch out the receivers for metal ones relatively easy but not having done it myself wouldn't want to commit too much, however by the time you have accounted for the cost etc of the receivers, you'll be a good way to buy a metal M4 anyway and having the CM16 as a spare.
                    sigpic

Comment

What m4???

That is true probably not bad having one as a back up, that does make sense rather than swapping everything.

The trouble is I want one with colt trades.

Yes I've been following airsoft for couple of years now my first game was about 18 months ago and Ive just started playing again in fact I'm playing again today. I'm aware of the VCRA/UKARA and how it effects airsoft purchasing etc that's why it won't be for a while until I buy my first gun.

As the non blowback is a fair bit cheaper I may opt for one of them and then save for a metal bodied one which brings me back to my main question who makes one with colt trades on in metal? I've seen ICS ones but are they any good/ compatible with other makes?
                      Using Tapatalk

Comment

ics guns are quite good, they have a split gear box which can make working in then a bit easier, however they are not the same spec as g@g, g&p, tm , classic army, other clones etc so getting parts second hand can be tricky and it means you are limited to suppliers for new parts are well. Good guns though.

My opinion is that every players use their first gun to truly understand what they do and don't want from an airsoft gun, therefore I generally recommend the cheapest g&g raider so that in the time you are learning what you really want you haven't used a big wedge of cash on a gun you may later regret buying. For the money they are generally considered the best starter gun.

Can't help you on the trades side as that has never interested me.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SecondNateUre Find out more about SecondNateUre
                        Working...
                        X