GBB, EBB or AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GBB, EBB or AEG?

Just starting out, are you filthy rich ?, if not then just get yourself a bog standard decent branded AEG, tm/ca/ICS etc, nothing too exotic & ideally stanag mag compatible, as there are quite a few very different guns that take these.
    (Dozens of M4's, tar21, fn2000/2010, FNC, sa80, m249 ?, & prob a few that escape me at the mo).
    Then as your collection grows (AS IT WILL LOL), you can generally guarantee mag & pouch comparability.

Comment

tackle if that is directed at me, filthy rich no, saved 50% of my pay for the last 3 years gets you here

To be fair though, I'm just weighing the options, I am most likely going to obtain a sub-200 M4 or something

Comment

LOL, no mate, just a general observation based on 11+ years of playing.
        This is an expensive hobby/sport, unfortunately most of us learn the hard way, buying too much kit, whether it be guns or rigs etc, only too find that what some players or media rave about, really doesn't suit us as an individual.
        Me personaly, I've prob had 60+ guns/launchers/pistols, but only now am I finally comfortable with what I use, but I still see stuff & think hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, thats nice, BUT I no longer rush in to buying it, partly willpower, partly being skint at the mo.
        All i'm saying is get yourself something that has reasonable reliability that will propel bb's downrange at a reasonable fps, don't worry if out the box its only hitting 300fps, that can be a positive as it means you'll never get turned away at the chrono at ANY site, in the end its all about a decent hop set up.
        So then you've got something to get on site with, but if theres something you really want but its a bit pricey & you don't want to commit all your savings to, why not put the word out at your "home" site, either in person or via site forums, ask if anybody has one you could briefly borrow, even if its only for a 30 minute game, at least then you'll know if you get on with it.
        General rule of thumb when borrowing anything, "if you bend it, you mend it", i.e., you take responsibility for the cost of any repairs, I've loaned out guns to guys before (as long as they don't come across as a complete tool), & never had one come back knackered.
        especially don't rush in to buying snipers/support guns/moscart launchers.........all can be an acquired taste, not for everyone.
        Mark

Comment

Just bought my first gun! Well a TM Sig P226 and three mags. Love it! Very loud so thinking i may go for the EBB on my previous post.....

Comment

Congrats, I've got the same, plus a couple of tn hi-capas, can't beat stock tm pistols.
            as for the rifle, go for the G&G Combat Machine AEG with Blowback GR15 Raider, not a great difference between the other two, but you'll be glad of the ris for taclites etc.

Comment

That was definately my thinking. Now that is decided...just need to think loadout style. I like PMC with a variation of multicam with chest rig. Not blackwater style though.

Comment

Oh and whats the general concencus....raider L or raider XL??

Comment

Originally posted by pg1978 View Post
                  Oh and whats the general concencus....raider L or raider XL??
                  Uh, neither? I went with the short Raider myself and can't be happier. You gain absolutely nothing from a longer barrel on an AEG so I'm not sure why you'd want a longer one, unless you just like the looks. In which case go for whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                    Congrats, I've got the same, plus a couple of tn hi-capas, can't beat stock tm pistols.
                    as for the rifle, go for the G&G Combat Machine AEG with Blowback GR15 Raider, not a great difference between the other two, but you'll be glad of the ris for taclites etc.
                    i see these combat machine's on zeronin website are they upgrade compatible? or are they really a entry gun until you can get a more expensive one?
                    sigpic

Comment

The G&G combat machines are hugely upgradable. They are also pretty damned good out of the box.

Comment

Im thinking of buying one to start skirmishing to then get my ukara then i can get something more flashey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pg1978 Find out more about pg1978
                        Working...
                        X