TM Recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM Recoil

TM Recoil 416 Devgru or P* the P* will have better range and accuracy but you can look like a ghost buster or paintballer that got lost(this doesn't bother me but still)

Comment

Originally posted by MrEMan View Post
      TM Recoil 416 Devgru or P* the P* will have better range and accuracy but you can look like a ghost buster or paintballer that got lost(this doesn't bother me but still)
      better range and accuracy? no. not from any ive seen here.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        better range and accuracy? no. not from any ive seen here.
        P*s when set up currently are much more consistent, with much more range than any AEG including TM Recoils. I'd own a TM Recoil over a P* any day of the week, but its still the truth!

Comment

in which case none of the players here can set up a P* then. as a LOT come through here, and none are doing anything more special than a recoil at 50m

Comment

It's about time I chip in here to put the P* case forward along with the ERG. Both of which I am both a fan of and would recommend to anyone interested in either platform. They are VERY different though and that is something to consider. Performance wise the P* will always win but the recoil is just amazing. Grin factor on both is about the same though but for different reasons.

I have a P*, and I have it set up correctly. And there are quite a few people on here who have got theirs set up and outperforming recoils. Mine can easily reach 60m tested on a measured range, further but that was as long as the range was measured to. I use .3g bbs and have no problems hitting targets out to 60-70m. They're so consistent in delivering air they are able to be very accurate with very little variation in fps and grouping. I think my fps variation is 1fps+/-.

P* can be set up to be brilliant. It does take a while of tuning to get them to that sweetspot I will admit but once you're there you'll never regret it. To be honest, I don't think you'll ever stop messing around with the settings and there'll always be something you can do to the hop to get a little more range or accuracy out of it. Granted you might take it too far one day and have to start over but it's all an experience.

Add the tune ability to the fact it is incredibly reliable and requires next to no maintenance and once you've got it running to a fair degree it'll always be good to go. But, the set up costs are quite high as you'll need a regulator, tank , air-line, fusion engine and possibly a larger air bottle to fill the small one from rather than heading to your local dive/paintball centre to get it filled. Granted you will need to have the tank on your person somewhere but it doesn't have to be on your back but thats the easiest place to put it. It doesn't really get in the way and the air line practically never gets in the way or snags. I wouldn't let that put you off!

I also have two KWA ERG which are both performing just as well as a TM recoil. They have the same range/accuracy but kick a little harder and personally I think are built better. Feels nicer for sure. Plus its cheaper, mags are more available and again cheaper and it can use any AEG magazine without an adapter. Put a guarder clear rubber in there and you cant go wrong. Win win on that front. Only downside is there isn't a standard colt receivered M4A1 released yet and it has to be front wired for the time being. Once the M4A1 is released though it will be rear wired.

Comment

works both ways though, set up a recoil properly and it'll do just the same. you cant compare a fettled £1000 setup to an out the box £400 one.

EDIT: plus TM recoils aren't banned at any site, unlike some sites with polarstars

Comment

Once you start opening up a recoil you have to be very careful not to put stress on it in too many ways. You can easily spend £1000 on a fettled recoil and still not get it to perform as well as a P* nor will it ever be as reliable. It's been proven, start playing around with the internals of a TM recoil and you're asking for problems.

To be honest, my P* FE dropped into a G&G CM Femme fatale was still out performing a recoil. That's with the stock barrel configuration so you're looking at a similar price point. Granted I played around with the FCU and timings etc but that wont affect range/accuracy too much, more RPS and trigger response and iron out any feeding issues from cross compatibility.

Comment

*asks for problems*

Theyre much easier to work on than a normal AEG, ive spent in total £420 on the gun itself, because i wanted a fancy rail. Hitting a just over 1/2m square of perspex at 55m most shots. Again it all comes down to consistency and reliability. This is only opened up because it was secondhand.

Comment

I could be doing that easily with my P* FE in the G&G CM.

Granted the FE is a little more expensive but that is a brand new price rather than second hand. Like I said they're completely different systems both have their own benefits I will admit but I think there is more evidence to suggest a P* will outperform a Recoil.

My P* (admittedly with a tuned up/widebore barrel and barrel stabilisers) will easily hit a chest size target at 65m on a clear day with little wind.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here because we both know we could go on for hours like this and completely detract the reason for the OP's topic. Both are fantastic platforms. I would go with P* over a TM recoil and you would go the other way. Put the P* against a KWA ERG however and it'd be a tough call, P* clinches it for me due to the range/accuracy benefits but grin factor on the ERG is higher and it hits out to the ranges you are talking about on a TM recoil.

Comment

sounds fair. i'll have to take a tape measure to the mall at some point to play with JC's recoil, as that'd be more comparable to your P*, rather than my near stock recoils. although i will say that the AKsu flings bbs further than the m4.

Comment

I've no idea to be honest. I've never even seen a recoil AKsu let alone fired one.

I'm sure a recoil can reach out to the ranges of a P* but not without sever upgrades and tuning just like a P* would. I would be worried about reliability though, I've heard far too many horror stories of people opening recoils up to upgrade the springs or whatever only to have other parts fail or the performance drop. And I would still be dubious about whether it can keep the shot to shot range and accuracy a P* can.

Comment

Thanks for the posts and opinions all, I like to hear first hand user honest reports rather than the usual fanboy second hand "I heard that......" I would still like to get my paws on a p* just for a blast, tbh I hadn't considered the KWA, didn't even know they did one. I shall google now....

Comment

Do it mate, those KWAs are definitely worth being considered. They run a little hot OOTB but are relatively easy to downgrade. So basically all you'll need to do is downgrade and a new hop rubber and you're good. Just depends if you mind the Magpul Billeted receiver or not.

As for the P* if you're ever around the west sussex area give me a shout. I don't mind getting mine out, you can have a squeeze see how you like it.

EDIT: OH. WOW.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
                            Working...
                            X