Should I put a m120 spring in my aeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I put a m120 spring in my aeg

Hi just got a g and p m4 it's rate of fire is really high but it's range isn't amazing. I want to put a m120 spring in it but I don't want to break the gun will putting a new spring in it break it? Is there anything else i need to put in with the spring?

Re: Should I put a m120 spring in my aeg

do you know what the range is? putting in a heavier spring wont improve the range,it will make your guns fps higher,and the bb will reach its target quicker,improving the range comes from the hopup rubber,nub, inner barrel,the quality and weight of the bbs and your own skills
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've already put in a new hop up rubber and it helped a bit. My plan was to get a bigger spring and then use heavier bbs

Comment

What FPS are you getting currently?

Comment

About 340

Comment

If it's firing really quickly it's probably got a g&p m120 motor in it - an m120 spring will (ironically) cause that motor to melt if you are a bit trigger happy!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You couldn't even consider raising that and hope to use it at most sites.
              As sparrowhawk says look elsewhere,first of all move to .25's see what difference you get and go from there.

Comment

if you'r already getting 340 fps then a heavier spring will put it over 350 fps and be not allowed at most sites ,using heavier BB's to bring it down below 350 fps again is breaking the rules , all crono testing is done with 0.2 g BB's , imagine witch you'd rather be hit in the face with a 0.2g BB at 350 fps or a house brick at 350 fps , the brick is traveling at the same speed but carry's a lot more energy .

Comment

The simple answer is "no". Fitting an M120 spring will have a very small effect on the range, will take you over site fps limits, and will increase the stress on your gearbox and motor.

If you want extra range, look at upgrading the hop nub and maybe even the entire hop unit.

What range are you currently getting?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

James Matthewman Find out more about James Matthewman
                  Working...
                  X