Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advice re Displaying Airsoft weapons in the house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re Displaying Airsoft weapons in the house.

Ok,

This is slightly embarrassing, and quite possibly a faux pas on my behalf.

I've just moved into a new place, and having a third bedroom now, finally got my "man cave"

Obviously with great enthusiasm I straight away wall mounted my RIF collection, ensuring they couldn't be seen from the street.

I've just come home for lunch to find a card from the window cleaner...there is no way he would have missed them...as yet my door hasn't been booted in by Armed Police.

Question, is what I've done breaking any laws? (Yes I know it was a bit daft) and should he inform the police is my position defendable?

Thanks

K

Re: Advice re Displaying Airsoft weapons in the house.

I should think you're probably OK. I can't see any reason for your window cleaner to go to the police, on the understanding that the sort of criminal that hoards a huge collection of illegal firearms is unlikely to hang them on the wall for his windowcleaner to see. The general idea is that the guns shouldn't be visible from any public place; being several floors up and on a ladder isn't a public place per se. If you feel particularly worried, I'd give him a ring and apologise.

Comment

I had to kill my last 2 windows cleaners for the very same reason.

- - - Updated - - -

they knew toooo much....
      The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

You are fine. They are RIFs. You have a legitimate reason for having them. They are non-lethal so do not come under Section 1 scrutiny.
        They are in effect wall hangers, would your window cleaner have said anything if you had a de-act Blunderbuss or flintlock hanging there.
        sigpic
        "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

My walls were covered, the police officers that came around for an incident never batted an eyelid at the 20 odd guns on my wall.

The paramedics that came to see me a week back were more interested in my AK collection than me lol

As said, you are not hiding anything, you have nothing to worry about

Comment

Out of interest, what did the card say?

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance gents.

The card was just his standard, call back later for money type

Comment

What, hush money?!
                sigpic

Comment

Never asked...he's tied up in the shed now.

Comment

Wave your Uzi 6mm in his face aswell!
                    sigpic

Comment

My uzi is at least 6inches

Comment

Lets see a picture of your RIF collection up on the wall then; show it off a bit!

Comment

i had to renew my shotgun licence the other month and having the sussex firearms officer (current serving) come around to check me out as they do i asked him about them as i wanted to hang mine on my wall aswell, he basiclly said what you guys have said as long as the public cant see it (as they will phone police) and i dont wave it around on the streets (well duh) then its all good.
                          But as he said if they get a call form public about seeing a gun then my door will b put in lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the safest option is to stick your UKARA license up on the wall next to the guns. That way everyone knows it's totes legit.
                            102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Thats surprising, it was a prerequisite that any shotguns I owned had to be locked in a gun locker with the ammunition locked in a separate safe. They'd always inspect the lockers when they came round; in fact I had to prove I had the storage before they let me purchase my last one even though I was adding it to my existing license.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

km2339 Find out more about km2339
                              Working...
                              X