Best M9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best M9?

I'm after a GBB M9 and want to know what's the best on the market? I want full metal and so I'm ruling out TM from the start, I don't want a plastic gun, no matter how good it is. I'm looking at the KWA PTP, but the trades are putting me off a little, although I can cover them a bit, somehow?

It's not a price thing either, so I'm not looking for the best value for money. I want to know what looks, feels and shoots the best, and won't break easily. From the research I've done KWA does seem to be very good, but thought I'd as you guys before spending my hard earned. Cheers.
    The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Re: Best M9?

So you are after the best full metal m9 not the best m9? tee hee #MaruiMasterRace
    Have you considered a TM M9 with the Guarder metal kit and relevant upgrade parts?
    Cardiff University Airsoft Society
    Like our Facebook page.
    And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
    sigpic

Comment

I *knew*, as soon as I saw the title, you were going to say you need a metal one. I'm still going to try and convince you, and say TM M9A1. If you have tried one and can't stand the plastic, then fine, but I have converted a lot of people by letting them shoot my M9A1. I don't think any of the metal options match up to it, although the new design WE is quite good. If it *has* to be metal, an HK shop is selling new custom trademarked WE M92s and M9A1s based on the TM design. They're expensive for a WE, but should be good. I wouldn't bother with an old TM clone, they're outdated. KSC/KWA are nice externally but again a bit outdated, and have a poor hop design. It's a shame someone like VFC/Stark don't make an M9.

Comment

I agree with Apurturesci, I currently own a TM M9A1 and love it. Before that I had a TM M92F and the new A1 feels a lot more weighty and sturdy as well as shooting great. When I pick up a 2F now it does just feel a bit plasticy and light, while I do like a good full metal pistol (the WE G18C gen 3..4?) is nice, if a plastic one feels almost as good as metal but well out performs it, then the plastic's where my vote goes.
        Like our Facebook page.
        sigpic

Comment

I hate plastic pistols but I did like my TM M9A1.
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I have been looking at TM, I like the look of the M9A1 and the Tac Master. I must admit I've never held one, just how plasticky do they feel? I have a blue plastic springer M9, HTC or something like that that I bought a while ago before getting into airsoft and it's really put my off plastic guns. I like the realism of a metal gun, but could be swayed I suppose.

Comment

Well the Tac Master is basically an M92F with some different furniture and trade marks (correnct me if I'm wrong guys) So it will feel more or less the same as the M92F, eg. light and plasticy. The M9A1 is heavier and feels far less plasticy as there is more metal inside the frame and grips. Sometihng worth noting is the M9A1 offers a rail for torches and lasers, a decocker and most importantly an adjustable hop (as opposed to a fixed one) the Tac Master and M92F do not have these features, as well as feeling a bit naf.
              Like our Facebook page.
              sigpic

Comment

The M9A1 is a significant step up compared to Maruis of old, hold a TM P226 and an M9A1 and they are chalk and cheese. The plastic does not feel cheap and when I first held it I mistook it for metal before a more thorough rummage.

Alternatively give that new WE M9 a try, it's bascially a clone of the M9A1 mentioned above except it's metal. Don't expect it to perform like a Marui though.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Super64 View Post
                  I have been looking at TM, I like the look of the M9A1 and the Tac Master. I must admit I've never held one, just how plasticky do they feel? I have a blue plastic springer M9, HTC or something like that that I bought a while ago before getting into airsoft and it's really put my off plastic guns. I like the realism of a metal gun, but could be swayed I suppose.
                  They really do feel quite metallic, due to the heavyweight (still ABS, but it's better feeling than most TM plastic) material. The gun weighs the exact same amount as a real M9, so that ins't an issue, and it's full of metal reinforcement making it totally solid. Rattles less than a metal gun, and shoots far better due to the TM hop unit and plastic slide. I would really recommend giving it a go - no other out of the box M9 can match it and it isn't even that expensive really.

Comment

Are you guys on commission from TM ;-) because if so you've nearly got a sale. The TM M9A1 looks better than the KWA and as everyone says, it out performs everything else out there. It's just a shame there isn't an airsoft store near to me so I could go in and compare.

I know we can't name other stores on here, but when you mention the HK site with the WE, is that the one who's name sounds like a colourful K9?

Comment

DEFINITELY get a TM M9. SO pleased everyone has said this already.

I have had several Tac Masters and M92fs, now have an M9A1 which is demonstrably better. They really feel nice and when you fire them you won't care that they aren't metal. They are just so awesome, especially if you fettle the hop to take 0.25s and use Green (which they are fine on!).

The best bit about plastic pistols is not only that they perform well, but also that they are light and very snappy to fire. Great for CQB and your average AEG'er or Desert Eagle hero simply won't be able to point and shoot you as quick as you can blat him and all his mates.

Don't you dare put a metal kit on it either unless you want a really nice looking/feeling paperweight. Ruins everything, like really ruins everything.
                      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Super64 Find out more about Super64
                      Working...
                      X