gopro help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopro help!

Hi guys, in looking to invest in a gopro hero 3 white edition with the strong water proof case. Does anyone know if the case; specigically on the lense, can with stand bb strikes? I had a contour camera and I know they could not as there was no casing. I bought speed 8mm shields to protect it.

I cant find anywhere if a go pro can withstand a bb strike !?!?!

I want to film my exploits at milsims that are coming up in august so .....

Help !
    FOR SALE:
    TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Re: gopro help!

my go pro case hasn't been shot at yet. nor have i deliberately tested it. but i have every confidence, check out some videos online. these have been dropped thousands of feet in the air and survived but should the case fail. you can pick them up cheap enough.

Comment

The case can take a hit; my son's GoPro case took a direct hit with no negative effect.

Comment

Mine took a direct hit last saturday as can be seen at the end of the above video(8;46)leaving no visible marks.
        Can I ask why you're opting for the 3?

Comment

Check out the abuse that Rated RR have put theirs through on you tube the go pros are built like aircraft black boxes

Mine was on my motocross helmet and I hit it hard enough to knock the SD card out when I crashed (landing on my head)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use gopro all the time for airsoft and general motorbike vids and even set it up on my drum kit to record my playing and never had any issue buddy, mine survived a pretty nasty motorbike tumble even though the bike didnt :-( all i had to do was replace the outer case which was about £45 ish and i was away again. standard cases for the whites are water tight up to 60m, only the new + models are different as they can only go to 40m depth. i recommend using the standard case with the skeleton back for best sound and protection, full sealed case can make the sound quality suffer abit.

Hope that helps

Chris

Comment

Im opting for the 3 as I like the wifi feature to be honest and 169 isnt a bad price. What have you got ?
              FOR SALE:
              TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

Im running a hero3+ black ( also selling one as well :-P ) mainly for the remote control and low light performance as thats one thing gopro suffer with. whites perfect for day games in woodland and well lit CQB sites but may suffer at places like the mall due to lighting being non existant in places. I used my old hero 2 there once and had 15 mins of pitch black footage with occasional flash of light from a torch or pyro lol but my black with the low light setting was alot better there and everything with murky and grainy instead of not seeing anything at all lol

Comment

I had a 2 and the original but they performed the same so I sold the 2,mine gets used for airsoft,mx and cycling,
                  Even the original is good and very cheap due to the 2 and 3 now...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nimbley Find out more about nimbley
                  Working...
                  X