TRNR vs OhShiBoom (again...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRNR vs OhShiBoom (again...)

I'm in the usual dilemna. There seems to be a few people who say that the TRMR fires more reliably than the OhShiBoom, vs the fun of pulling pins out. Does anyone have any thoughts about this reliability issue? Also, though the vast majority of my play is CQB, I suppose every so often I might play outside - are either of them better than the other on grass, or is it much of a bad muchness?

Also - and more significantly - I do want to have a decent and fast deployment from my vest. The OhShi Boom is hard to beat with a Kydex holster available, and tying the pin to the vest. The TRMR always has the twist thing of course, but is there any kind of deployment holster available or that would fit it?

Cheers all

Re: TRNR vs OhShiBoom (again...)

I have one of each and for pure CQB, I find the TRMR much easier to use and not having to deal with a pin makes life a lot simpler.

However, the TRMR seems very unwilling to go off on soft ground whilst my OhShiBoom will reliably go off at the woodland site I also play at

Comment

I've tried oshi-booms and play predominantly woodland,they refuse ti go off on anything resembling soft ground.
      We had an occassion 2 game ago where my m8 had an OB thrown back at him because it didn't ignite,sadly I found that rather amusing but it convinced me to sell mine.
      I was hoping they would replace bfg's as they are a doddle to load but I ended up getting rid of them and replacing them with swat vtg's.
      They can be purchased very reasonably for <£69 all in with a choice of colours..
      As for the TRMR I've no comment,but I may purchase an OB if we start looking at CQB/concrete floored sites..

Comment

There's a cheat with the TRNR, which isn't widely known. The hole in the bottom is perfectly sized for a QD sling stud.
        So you can use one of those to create a "quick draw" carrying method.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

This is starting to sound like a no-brainer.

One more thing - the TRMR as far as I know only comes with a .209 adaptor, with the 9mm adaptor another £20 - that is, £99 for both, whereas the OhShi is £78 for both. I don't think that's enough in itself to tempt me to the OhShi - it's more important that the bloody thing goes off when you want it to, but I don't really have much of a concept of how loud a .209 is. As I said, I play predominantly CQB, and the received wisdom seems to be that they're plenty loud enough for that. I guess the answer is to get just the 0.209, and get the 9mm later if necessary/justified..?

Anyone have any thoughts about a TRMR holster?

Cheers for all the input

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry bobthebuilder, hadn't seen your reply when I was typing

Comment

I have an Ohshiboom but wish I had got the TRMR, the pin just pisses me off.
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

The 209's are ample indoors,there is quite a difference between them and the 9mm.

- - - Updated - - -

This....

Comment

Oshiboom love mine
                sigpic

Comment

Having played with both, I chose to buy the TRMR based on reliability and simplicity of use. It just works simply without issues. However like all other impacts, it will not go off on the following surfaces;
                  Soft mud
                  Sand
                  Carpet
                  More than one slice of cheese
                  bathroom mat
                  -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                  -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

For a trmr holster I use an M4 shingle mag pouch, stick a qd sling loop on the bottom and tbar it to my rig via a side release buckle. To deploy it, I undo the side release, twist grenade and throw. Takes three or four second with practise!
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Oshis will also go off without putting the pin back in, it's only a safety mechanism. So basically throw the oshi pick it up put new primer in it, still with the bobble head up and throw again it will continue to go off. Don't have to prime it etc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reptile Smile Find out more about Reptile Smile
                      Working...
                      X