Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

LMT Defender RIS - Any advice for this gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMT Defender RIS - Any advice for this gun?

First RIF that me and my Dad got. One each, kinda was going to spend no more than £100 on 'em. That didn't really go well after getting two of these which was nearly in the £300s each. Any advice on these or any good attachments, thinking of a M203 UGL, but it's kinda heavy for me so thought about a bipod. Looks amazing and it came with a fore-grip and carry handle. Shoot around 312FPS and wondered if I should change the spring for something which'll fire around 350FPS? That's the site limit. Thing fires like a boss with great trigger response. Good accuracy and all that good stuff. Looks better than my old 2-tone springer What do you guys think? Any "must have" attachments? Can't get any of them soon after spending nearly an extra £200 but I'll try to invest in the future One more thing' what does the round button do? Seen lots of them on M4s and can't seem to see what it does in the manual. Any help on that?

Re: LMT Defender RIS - Any advice for this gun?

Have a look in the "Pictures of your guns" section, look at some of the AR's on there for inspiration. You probably won't really need a bipod, a nice 1x optic and a VFG is normally a good set up.
    The button is a forward assist, used on the real rifle for if the bolt doesn't return all of the way forward. Doesn't do anything on an AEG, so you don't need to worry.
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
      Have a look in the "Pictures of your guns" section, look at some of the AR's on there for inspiration. You probably won't really need a bipod, a nice 1x optic and a VFG is normally a good set up.
      The button is a forward assist, used on the real rifle for if the bolt doesn't return all of the way forward. Doesn't do anything on an AEG, so you don't need to worry.
      Okay thanks Ummm what's a VFG?

Comment

VFG stands for Vertical ForeGrip. Personally I prefer the AFG (Angled ForeGrip) that Magpul make, which you might want to look into. As for other accessories, a nice torch on the rail can be handy, depending on when/where you play. I'd also invest in a nice single point sling (I recommend a Magpul MS2), since you've already got a sling attachment on there on the buffer tube next to the stock.

As to the spring upgrade just leave it alone. Having your FPS anywhere over 340 is always a bad idea due to potential variance in chronos used at sites). You can also mess the entire setup of your gun up by just changing the spring and not adjusting the whole gearbox setup to match it. If your gun isn't doing it at 315 it's not going to be any better at 340-350! If you want. To see an improvement in range or accuracy then looking at a different hop unit, hop rubber and a barrel is the way to go (you can sometimes see an increased FPS by adding a tight bore barrel too). Though again, if it's not broke don't mess with it!
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
          VFG stands for Vertical ForeGrip. Personally I prefer the AFG (Angled ForeGrip) that Magpul make, which you might want to look into. As for other accessories, a nice torch on the rail can be handy, depending on when/where you play. I'd also invest in a nice single point sling (I recommend a Magpul MS2), since you've already got a sling attachment on there on the buffer tube next to the stock.

As to the spring upgrade just leave it alone. Having your FPS anywhere over 340 is always a bad idea use to potential variance in chronos used at sites). You can also mess the entire setup of your gun up by just changing the spring and not adjusting the whole gearbox setup to match it. If your gun isn't doing it at 315 it's not going to be any better at 340-350. If you want. To see an improvement in range it accuracy then looking at a different hop unit, hop rubber and a barrel is the way to go (you can sometimes see an increased FPS by adding a tight bore barrel too). Though again, if it's not broke don't mess with it!
          Okay thanks Might try an AFG and thinking of a sling. Thanks!

Comment

I have one of these guns, it's been my main gun since August/September last year.

The piston failed on mine. No biggie, the stock one is not an 'ASG Ultimate' branded item and was soon replaced with a proper ASG one. AOE with the both pistons was spot on as the piston head is deeper than normal to ensure alignment with the sector gear tooth.

Mine does 345-348fps with a change to a Lonex 6.03mm Steel inner barrel, Lonex 50deg rubber and a Lonex Metal hop unit. Stock, mine was chrono-ing about the same (315 ish).

The gearbox is the nicest 'stock' V2 type I've come across to work on. It all sits together nicely and bits don't ping off, like some.

I love it and wouldn't part with it. I had a few other guns since ownership but this is still my go-to gun of choice.

I'm actually thinking of buying another one as a spare.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheJackall Find out more about TheJackall
            Working...
            X