Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

2.5" gold dan wesson revolver...thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5" gold dan wesson revolver...thoughts?

It goes without saying sporting this piece will make anyone look like the baddest mother f**** that ever lived but my question is how practical is it on the indoors close quarters. I am not expecting miracles I know it won't be as accurate as say a m1911. Just wanted some opinions on those that have used the gun or a revolver like it and there thoughts!
    Last edited by sj_asc; 30 July, 2014, 10:17. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Re: 2.5" gold dan wesson revolver...thoughts?

Why wouldn't it be as accurate? As for use in cqb? Better off with something that uses a magazine instead of 6 shells, if still want gold why not a D.E?
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Was thinkin of using a nice ump 45, then when am dry pull out plan B which would be a tidy m1911 then she is empty and then when the enemy thinks they have me cornered I come out all gangsta and s*** u seen Samuel L Jackson snakes on a plane well I would be glasgows version jakes on a train!

- - - Updated - - -

And I thought with the snub nose it may be less accurate!
      Last edited by sj_asc; 30 July, 2014, 10:17.

Comment

It has no hop up, and you'd need power down shells to get the FPS to CQB friendly levels. Lots of people love them, but I'm not a fan of Dan Wessons, since they're not actual replicas. If you want something small and blingy to use as a last ditch backup, a nickle Tanaka J Frame would be a better option. 10 shots, hop up, actual replica.

Comment

Summer holidays already? dont forget you need a ukara licence first!
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

It will make you look like someone who thinks they are badass until you start fumbling reloads. How do I know this? I've got a 6", and despite lots of practise reloads are still slow.

They are very fun guns, but they are not practical. You'll get your arse handed to you if (best to assume when) the other team realise you can only get off six shots before you need to reload.

The dan wesson will actual be more accurate than most guns with a hop rubber (due to the lack of hop rubber), however it will have very little range unless you aim very high (easy to do with practise).

Get a 2" chrono'd - the 6" does 450 on the high power shells, the 2" may be just under 370. Putting power down shells in a 2" will give you about 220fps tops though (they put the 6" at 260-280).

Personally I think 2" dan wessons are the ugly stunted siblings to the perfect 6". Also bear in mind that your "tiny" 2" gun is still larger than a glock 17, so carrying it as a third backup is a really stupid idea.

I'd either carry a second 1911, or just spend 100 quid on magazines for your 1911/ump and learn to reload appropriately. If both your guns run dry without you having a chance to reload (even with two gas guns that's 50 odd rounds that you've fired) then you should probably work on your drills.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffdyer89 View Post
              Was thinkin of using a nice ump 45, then when am dry pull out plan B which would be a tidy m1911 then she is empty and then when the enemy thinks they have me cornered I come out all gangsta and shit u seen Samuel L Jackson snakes on a plane well I would be glasgows version jakes on a train!

- - - Updated - - -

And I thought with the snub nose it may be less accurate!
              And I'm Zeroin's 'Man with the Golden Gun' already.

In answer to your question.

Get yourself a decent combat handgun. Something not too big, with a nice magazine capacity that's effective. Forget about 'coming out all gangsta when cornered' 'cause if you get cornered with just a 6 shooter, you're screwed anyway.

Comment

I'd say forget carrying two pistols.
                in my experience, if it's gotten to the point you are going for your second backup, you are screwed anyway*. only time it's ever come in handy was using one in each hand, and that's not exactly practical (because it's inaccurate as hell)
                And if you want bling, I'd say you couldn't do much better than getting a chrome 1911, especially if it's the TM series 70. All the bling you could want, and none of the downsides of the revolvers.

* the exception to this are if you are running a shoulder arm that has serious limitations (e.g. a sniper rifle), as this can mean you end up with your first pistol being effectively a second primary weapon half the time.
                Not actually a builder
                Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Yeah just go for more magazines in your pistol....really no point carrying 3 weapons. I don't know about other people but I very rarely go empty anyway, even when doing milsim.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffdyer89 View Post
                    Was thinkin of using a nice ump 45, then when am dry pull out plan B which would be a tidy m1911 then she is empty and then when the enemy thinks they have me cornered I come out all gangsta and shit
                    New guy.

Comment

Do it if you got the cash and want a "party trick" to pull out, it may be big heavy and lacking in capacity, but at least it'll be loaded and people will notice you (wether thats good or bad is still up for discussion) thats partly why i have a DW revolver, mostly because i prefer revolvers to semi automatics astheticaly.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jeffdyer89 Find out more about Jeffdyer89
                      Working...
                      X