Spring changes and semi-auto lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring changes and semi-auto lock

My SRC SR4 m4 is running at 360 FPS, this is to hot to be an AEG due to the version 2 gearbox that has been fitted by the manufactures when the 1st gearbox had shattered, i am now wanting to lock it onto single shot and increase the range of the gun by getting a spring upgrade. im a beginner when it comes to airsoft and taking guns apart and need advice on what spring to get and how to lock the select fire switch to semi-auto, im am basically turning it into a DMR and this is something i have not done before. any advice or tips would help alot as due to me being a beginner i dont know that much so far. this is the only way of me being able to use the gun at the site i intend to use it at so if i can get this to work i can increase the range via the spring and be able to use it at a skirmish as a DMR, i hope.

Re: Spring changes and semi-auto lock

easiest way to lock to semi is cut away the back of the selector plate.

By cutting this off, the selector can no longer push the plate in the full auto position.
    However, there may still be enough room for it to get there from the cut off spring spring/vibration of firing.

To prevent this you can:
    1)place a small screw (drill/tap a whole in the gearbox for it, don’t just use a self tapping one) behind the selector as shown.
    2)Place a blocking object on the outside of your receiver to prevent you going into the full auto position (for example super gluing a piece of black plastic/metal as a stopper)
    3)you can simply not ever place it into the full auto position (this is not a guaranty, things often switch by mistake)

None of this however will stop potential lock ups. When you get them, you will no longer have the option of full auto to clear the lock.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Easiest way to lock a V2 to semi is as above, it is also 'reversible' if you fit an unclipped selector plate (usually around £4-5 for a reasonable one).

As for what to do, this guide helped me a lot when I build a DMR.
      http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43...r-dmr-aeg.html

Bear in mind you will need to be comfortable opening and working on gearboxes and internals. In addition there is no point in using a short barreled M4 as a base, you need at least the carbine length (363mm inner barrel).

Lastly, prepare to spend time and money on this if you want a good finished product; I don't mean to discourage you but you get out what you put in.
      ave nex alea

Comment

Get a guarder sp150 FTK, a good motor (A2, SHS ht, etc), powerful lipo setup, a wbb (if budget allows if not then a TBB) and a bunch of other stuff you'll need should include shims, grease, MOSFET, etc

Could cost from £150 to 300

You should just do your own research, thoroughly, regarding V2 GBs and their maintenance and operation

Comment

Why not just change the spring to a lower rated one and keep your semi and full auto ?
          I know the allure of a DMR is tempting, but if this is your first and only primary you're kinda handicapping yourself (in the same sense a new player opts for a sniper rifle as their first gun) in my honest opinion.
          I would keep your AEG as reliable semi/full auto capable sub 350 gun (which can easily reach good distances), until your ready to branch out on a 2nd AEG and at which point you'll have a reliable back up weapon.
          Again, just my humble opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NathanP Find out more about NathanP
          Working...
          X