Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning this into a DMR

Hi all
    Don't know if this has been covered before can't seem to find anything. I have this M4 (see pic) which want to turn into a DMR on semi only, firstly how do I get this too stay in sem and safe only, have read that you can put gearbox in semi remove then put a grub/set screw behind selector to stop it moving ??, also which length of outer and inner barrel would be best to use (has standard M4 barrel at mo) type of motor to use ie high speed or high torque, have looked at an m120 spring for approx 400 FPS,
    Any help be great as this will be an on going project as I've got it this far for a transparent bodied M4, sights won't be used of corse.

image.jpg

sigpic
    OHHH BEHAVE!!
    GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
    YEAH BABY YEAH

Re: Turning this into a DMR

Right then, I did exactly this with my M4 a while ago. This guide is what you need to read:

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43...r-dmr-aeg.html

As for semi only functionality, take out the gearbox, remove the selector plate and cut along the black lines as shown below.

Selectorplate.jpg

You can get away with your current outer barrel I reckon, the minimum inner barrel length should be around 363mm (which is standard M4 carbine length). You can get a longer inner barrel than you have at the moment and use a suppressor to cover what protrudes from your current outer barrel
    ave nex alea

Comment

It's probably worth making an account on the airsoftsniperforums and looking at the longrange AEGs section, it'll only help when you have certain questions etc
      KJW M700
      -554mm PDI 6.05 Barrel-
      -Spartan Doctrine VSR Chamber-
      -Nineball Rubber-
      -Action Fluted Barrel w/ Suppressor-
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks I did a hell of a lot of searching on web last night and today and found a you tube video on this but it didn't really show which part had to be removed this a great help, takes away the full auto. Will get a longer outter and inner barrels about 16'' as I read this was Recon length. Will read the full right on the link too,
        Great help thanks

sigpic
        OHHH BEHAVE!!
        GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
        YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

or you can put a 'blob' of epoxy glue on the receiver to prevent the selector from going to auto. advantage with this is that if the gearbox locks, you can just remove the glue (file? not sure if nail polish remover works on epoxy?) and swap to auto.

some sites might be a bit funny about tmy method thou. on the other hand, some sites require it to be manufactured as a semi-only aeg, meaning no matter what you did to your aeg it'd still be banned.
          my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dazzer106 Find out more about dazzer106
          Working...
          X