URGENT! L96 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! L96 info

Hi guys, I've got a game coming up on the 7th and I want to take my Warrior L96 with me, but due to the spring and probably a number of other things it is shooting WAY under fps, around 300fps with .3 and about 400 with .2,

I don't have much money and am running out of time, where can I find a spring to fit it for as cheap as possible that will make the fps playable for a couple of games. Its my mates gun so i'm not interested in going out and buying full internal kits for it so banging a stiffer spring in it for a game or two is my only option! Ideally something around the 450 mark with .3's would be perfect or even close to 500 would be even better!

Any info or whatever else greatly appreciated.

Re: URGENT! L96 info

Sounds like an air leak issue tbh mate. Warrior l96's should be shooting around 450fps stock, which would be ideal for your target range. But being your mate's gun its difficult to work around without internal sealing fixes.

Comment

Hello, just so you are aware, most sites i know of run a limit of 500fps for bolt action rifles with a 0.2g BB. (it may be different for them around you, but i hope not!) Shooting a 0.3g at 500 fps is close to 700fps if my maths serves me right and most sites will not allow you to use such a hot rifle.

Dont forget, FPS limits are exactly that, limits, not goals. You may find other mods such as upgrading the barrel, hop etc may be more effective that simple fps.

Comment

Hey Bigarry. Sites list their limits based on .2 anyway, so you are in fact at the 450 fps you are looking for.

Comment

Ok thanks for info guys, I wasn't aware that all sites tested at .2, however that makes perfect sense! a .36 at 500 fps would be absolutely outrageous.

So, long and short of it, would just sticking a stiffer spring in it offer a quick solution? As I don't have the time, money or permission to start ripping out parts and putting others in (even if it did better the rifle)

SO if anybody could advise on a spring that doesn't break the bank that will make it shoot as close to 400-450 with .3's that'd be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Having gone through the post, I have gathered that you mean that a 400fps rifle with .2's means that the rifle is ok to use at 300fps with .3's? Although when I tried playing at 300fps with .3's it was almost useless! People not even realising hits because of the lack of power?

Comment

its the same muzzle power, infact, over range it'd carry MORE power.

500FPS @ 0.2g is equal to 372.38FPS @ 0.36g or 407.92FPS @ 0.3g

Now, if you simply take a roll of PTFE tape to the hop unit, you'll fix a lot of the sealing issues and up your FPS, i wouldn't just whack a bigger spring in as the standard piston and sears aren't too great.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

407fps at .3 would be fine, the rifle is coming in at just over 300 with .3's though, which isn't great at all. I will try the PTFE and see what happens, thanks

Comment

PTFE on my hop lifted my fps by about 20 on a new gun. Makes a world of diffrence. Look on YouTube for the dental floss mod as well. Easier than explaining it, but I had issues trying to fit my hop over the bucking when I tried that one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bigarry Enjoy shooting (firearms) and drinking, fishing and airsoft. Find out more about bigarry
                Working...
                X