X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&k m1918a2

This one goes out there to everyone who owns/has used one:

What are they like?

The low capacity put me off at first, but then I decided support weapons aren't 'Shoot as many BBs as you can' and also reloading is half the fun of shooting.

I wanted general thoughts on it, really.

Oh, and if there's a real wood kit for it out there anywhere...
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: A&k m1918a2

I have one of the first run ones with plastic wood grips i love it to be fair shoots pretty well from the box and ive cut away a couple of mags to increase the capacity to a more reasonable 400ish mags are very big and a little clumsy to change but i kinda like the method,i do like all the old style guns tho and run both axis and allie outfits and weapons the acm mg42 is nice too for the price both equally awkward to carry around tho.wood kits are availible about 80 quid last time i looked ill wait till they come down in price i think.

Comment

How big are the mags next to M14 ones?
      sigpic
      "I are God, lol."

Comment

a touch bigger ive got big hands and it takes both to reload the mags more to do with the awkward mag catch system on the bar then anything else its not well placed and kinda tough to operate send me youremail and ill send you a pic of a bar mag next to an m14 one both are the same thickness

Comment

I'll shoot you a pm.

Would you say they'd fit M14 pouches?
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

depends on the type of pouch they fit in m56 nam type and alice pouches the only other m14 pouch i have is a hard shell one which it doesnt fit in

- - - Updated - - -

rsz_dscf6131.jpg
            get a bar ww2 belt set really handy for this particular gun holds bundles of mags and easy to use i found also looks period which is good when using period weapons i find some od uniform with it will look pretty close to gi for most
            Last edited by leroyinmotion; 12 August, 2014, 21:03.

Comment

Was hoping to just be able to shove them into m14 open-tops on my molle vest...

How long have you had the gun?

Any issues? Maintenance etc?
              sigpic
              "I are God, lol."

Comment

since they first came out maybe a year or more no faults yet i dont use it loads tho as i switch outfit and period everytime i go these days to make days more interesting each outfit lends different weapons and play styles depending on what i field from soviet ww2 ww2 ranger ww2 german us vietnam to ultra modern kryptek gear

Comment

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/index.php

best place to ask. quite a few of the ww2 lads have them. its on my to buy list also, once i source somewhere with spare magazines in stock

Comment

Ta, checking it out now.
                    sigpic
                    "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                    Working...
                    X