Restoreing Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoreing Batteries

So i have these two old batteries which i used to use in my Tamiya RC car a while back. Both 7.2 Volt 5000MAh NiMH.

Now i will admit that i severely neglected them after stopping playing with my car, they now have a fraction of the capacity they used to and also i don't think the voltage has retained at 7.2V. I have heard you can restore the batteries back somehow, does anyone have any methods of restoring NiMH batteries back to a good state?

The only method i know is by giving them a few bursts of voltage slightly above E.G 12V

I also am having a little bit of confusion as to if Tamiya RC car batteries are wire backwards +ve on -ve and -ve on +ve, is this true i thought it would just be +ve on +ve and -ve on -ve.

Finally is converting a tamiya connector battery to a deans connector simple, i would asume its piss easy but please make sure i am right in say its to putting wires in the new connectors corresponding holes +ve in the circle and -ve in the square.

Get back soon!

Thanks guys
    Current Loadout:
    G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Re: Restoreing Batteries

All I can help you with mate is converting to Deans connectors.
    Really easy, chop off the tamiya connector, strip about 4mm of the cladding back off the wires and solder to the contacts on the outside of the Deans connector (these are marked +ve and -ve so should be simple).
    Be sure to insulate the soldered contacts with something like heatshrink as well.
    ave nex alea

Comment

Sure thing thanks for the help
      Current Loadout:

My Station:

Comment

This works on nimh's. I thought this was bull!
        Put them in the freezer for about 48 hours. 'Thaw' for 24 hours and then charge up. See what results this gives you. Hopefully, you'll be running fully restored batteries.
        sigpic
        "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Just did the freeze trick with 2 nimh battery's which wouldn't hold a charge, they are working fine now!

Comment

Well damn, thanks guys, ill put em in in a sec, should i cover them with plastic or anything to protect from water
            Current Loadout:

My Station:

Comment

Wrap them In sandwich bag, or failing that plastic bag, needs to be little to no air inside to avoid condensation. Let the batteries that completely thaw before chargin obv...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManBearGoatPig Find out more about ManBearGoatPig
              Working...
              X