motor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor question

My step dad and next door neighbour have just bought brand new G&G combat machines, both chrono'd at 310/315 fps on .2 gram bb's.

I bought my combat machine as a standard rifle and it's making around 350 fps on .2's.

It's got a standard motor and standard barrel so I'm assuming it's got an uprated spring or its just a strong one?

I'd like to get a high torque motor for mine, but I'm worried it'll take my fps slightly over 350 fps?

Cheers
    Dan

Re: motor question

Dont worry the motor change wont effect the fps ,it will just give you a higher rate of fire,the spring ,hop up ,barrel etc will change the fps....mark

Comment

As above really, a few other internals will also affect FPS but a motor will not.
      I'd recommend an SHS high torque motor, big neodymium magnets; probably the best on a budget.
      If you have a mattress full of cash then the G&P M180 Satan is one of the best off the shelf motors.
      ave nex alea

Comment

Cheers lads.

I've ordered an SHS high torque motor, and I'm assuming I've got an uprated spring and I'm using a 9.6v battery, do you reckon a MOSFET would be good?

Comment

Mosfets are always money well spent.

Comment

Its never bad. Had a little spate of switches corroded up from arcing in my aegs. It'll improve your switch's life expectancy, a little something to your ROF and will help make your batteries charge last a little longer.

Comment

What type of MOSFET would you go for?

I'm not after burst fire ect... Just one to do the job really?

What are they like too fit?

Comment

either non-AB or AB, depending on your setup, I've never been entirely sure, I tend to run high speed and was told by a gearbox sage that you want non AB for high speed. You don't need to be spending over £15-20. Confusingly a lot of burst units get called mosfets by airsofter when actually they don't have a mosfet in.

To fit them you need to open the gearbox and do some soldering. If that's not something you've done before do your homework first.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dan88 Find out more about Dan88
                Working...
                X