Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Spend big on one gun or a small amount on lots of gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spend big on one gun or a small amount on lots of gear?

So I'm here with £400 burning a hole in my pocket (first job and feeling like a baller ) and I'm currently debating if its wise to spend most of it on a gun, spend half on a gun and half on gear (so far I have a MOLLE vest with a dual mag pouch, that's it), or spend it on upgrading my current (awful) G&G GR-16. Any advice would be awesome and suggestions on what gun I could get the most bang for my buck for? Cheers lads and lasses!
    sigpic

Re: Spend big on one gun or a small amount on lots of gear?

What do you really want... or need when playing to enhance your experience in game? What is top priority when you think about it?

With regards to what you've put down, I would say half gun/half gear. Just think, if you get a shiny new gun and then buy 5 mags, you're gonna need the mag pouches

I've made the mistake of buying unnecessary things in the past, and they've just sat and gathered dust and been sold on for less than half what I paid for them in virtually new condition, which goes back to my first point, what do you need?

Just my 2 pennies!

Comment

Good point indeed! I think you are right and i'm swaying towards half gun/ half gear, no point in running around with a flash new TM but carrying mags in my back pockets :P Thanks for the suggestion
      sigpic

Comment

I've done both, and even though looking back now I know I could have saved myself a lot of money buying things I really didn't need, I still enjoyed it. I'd say stick with your G&G, put some sensible upgrades in it (mosfet, sorbo pad, motor, shim it, nice hop rubber / go through the process of installing an r-hop) and spend your money wisely on creating a really accurate and snappy gun. I found that having a nice go to gun that was well put together (but not ridiculously expensive for no reason) really freed me up to buy things just as I fancied them, rather than spending all my dough in one lump. That way you'll have a cracking gun that you will always enjoy using, and you can spend the extra on buying all those little gear details that make your load out perfect... which isn't necessarily an accurate impression load out but rather one tailored to what you want (which just takes time to find). Then after the end of it all you've not done your brains in, you've spent your money wisely and you've ended up with a set of kit that is your go to gear. Then if you ever get any spare cash after that you can venture out into new stuff, and you'll always have your base gear to just bust out and use!

P.S. I've been through nearly 30 different guns since I started playing, and the only one that has stayed with me is my humble little G&G raider, its just got a lonex motor and a mosfet; it's still my favourite, and it was the cheapest.

Comment

Cheers Scotty Dog, a quick question if you don't mind as I'm not overly technical, will any of them modifications raise the FPS as i'm already on about 340 and my site limit being 350 I don't want to go and make the gun too hot? Thanks for your suggestion!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziphead View Post
            Cheers Scotty Dog, a quick question if you don't mind as I'm not overly technical, will any of them modifications raise the FPS as i'm already on about 340 and my site limit being 350 I don't want to go and make the gun too hot? Thanks for your suggestion!
            None of those should have a noticeable effect on the fps
            And you could always put a weaker spring in it, or trim your current spring by a turn to compensate if it does creep up for some reason
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

First off, what is wrong with your current G&G GR-16 if its aweful? You could save money by just upgrading that instead of buying a new gun.
              For Sale
              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

I'd go all out on a high(er) end gun...

If you'll have £400 kicking about every other month, then no probs
                However, that's a decent chunk of cash to invest in a good gun.
                If you need some pouches (eg £25), you're more likely to have that kind of spare cash on a regular basis. You loadout/gear can be built up over a few months.
                h e y d r i c h
                L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Get some gear and another gun. Buying a decent clone from the right place will set you back less than £150. And then you can get a whole load of gear.

Gear lasts longer than guns, and no matter how expensive and fancy the gun, it will go wrong at some point

Comment

Ended up spending £250 on a second hand G&G M16, MadBull 6.03 inner barrel, high torque motor, RIS, and some other attachments thrown on, the rest is going on some spare mags and pouches and a hydration backpack, cheers for all the advice!
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ziphead Find out more about ziphead
                    Working...
                    X