Support gun definition for milsim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Support gun definition for milsim

The other way you may need to look at this to make your mind up is if your wanting to go down the route of milsim then what loadout / look you going for?
    Then just Google and get a basic idea of what they use as a support weapon.

But just generally most western countries/units will use minimi's, GPMG/M240's or the M60 (normal variant) if doing an old school U.S look.
    Some elite units through history have used stoner ,M60e3 or e4, M240, mk46's
    Eastern block, Africa or S.E Asia will use rpk or pkm
    Pmc's I have seen most the above used
    If you want to do spain ,Germany you could get a MG42 and spray the stock green and do a MG3 look.

I could be more accurate in the detail of machine guns used but only stuck to those that are generally available in airsoft

Comment

My usual setup is south african pmc so I am pretty spoiled for choice in this regard,

for me its a throw up between a galil arm or a pkm

Comment

You also won't get a box mag to fit a M27, we've tried and the mag well is longer than standard M4 so won't actually accept any of the box mags
        And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Will8016 View Post
          My usual setup is south african pmc so I am pretty spoiled for choice in this regard,

for me its a throw up between a galil arm or a pkm
          PKM all the way then

Comment

haha fair one

Comment

this is an LMG

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
              PKM all the way then
              I thought you'd be a Mag58 kind of guy
              The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

cheers guys, lol, so much for my cunning plan

prob just get myself another 249 when the mood takes me (I've had 2 already).

Comment

I have read some where that US marines are going use/using the M27 instead of the M249 as an IAR so could be an option for you,
                  Here's what I found also see bottom part if you want real milsim ??

The M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR) is a lightweight, magazine-fed 5.56mm weapon used by the United States Marine Corps. It is intended to enhance an automatic rifleman's maneuverability, and it is based on the Heckler & Koch 416. The U.S. Marine Corps is planning to purchase 6,500 M27s to replace a portion of the M249 light machine guns currently employed by automatic riflemen within Infantry and Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalions. Approximately 8,000–10,000 M249s will remain in service at the company level to be used at the discretion of company commanders. The United States Army does not plan to purchase the IAR.

M27 gunners will be equipped with around 22 of the 30-round magazines already in use with the M16 and M4 Carbine. Twenty-two magazines will approximate the prescribed individual combat load of a M249 SAW gunner, and although the M27 gunner is not expected to carry all 22 magazines,

sigpic
                  OHHH BEHAVE!!
                  GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
                  YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

M27 gunners will be equipped with around 22 of the 30-round magazines already in use with the M16 and M4 Carbine. Twenty-two magazines will approximate the prescribed individual combat load of a M249 SAW gunner, and although the M27 gunner is not expected to carry all 22 magazines
                    I would love to see someone try and run with 22 loaded mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Will8016 Find out more about Will8016
                    Working...
                    X