Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

After a bit of advice about a paypal payment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a bit of advice about a paypal payment...

Hi,

Just a quick thing. I'm fully aware of the issues with buying and selling airsoft equipment through paypal but just wanted some advice.

Just sold a RIF - everything went fine..

Buyer has made the payment but has written in the notes: "for airsoft with silencer" and linked the thread on the forum.

Am I just being paranoid here or should I do something?

Last thing I want is my paypal account locked or suspended like I know has happened in the past the people mentioning 'gun'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: After a bit of advice about a paypal payment...

I add this mistake with my first forum purchase. Thought it would be fine having used PayPal for store airsoft purchases in the past, but the guys account was locked for about a month.

To be clear, I hadn't mentioned airsoft, but rather I out lower receiver. Dumb mistake, and I felt terrible!

Comment

So what did you actually put? Do you think I will have my account locked for what has been said?

Comment

Payment for P90 plastic lower receiver. Now I just use non-descript descriptions like plastic model body or something similar.

Comment

Sounds like a setup to me bud, I'd refund the transaction and keep hold of the RIF, sounds like he's going to let you send it over then open a dispute and you'll lose the money.

I could understand just putting something like Richtie did just by accident, but linking it to the forum in the description sounds fishy to me. I smell a rat; and its the time of year when all the rats come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty Dog View Post
            Sounds like a setup to me bud, I'd refund the transaction and keep hold of the RIF, sounds like he's going to let you send it over then open a dispute and you'll lose the money.

I could understand just putting something like Richtie did just by accident, but linking it to the forum in the description sounds fishy to me. I smell a rat; and its the time of year when all the rats come out.
            While I agree, surely its a two way street, If the buyer raises a dodgy dispute, just mention "gun" in your reply & paypal will walk away, rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
              While I agree, surely its a two way street, If the buyer raises a dodgy dispute, just mention "gun" in your reply & paypal will walk away, rapidly.
              Is it worth the chance of losing the money, or the hassle though?

Comment

I get that, but to me this sounds more like a naive attempt at "honesty", its down to the op if he wants to cancel the transaction & refund, If he's that concerned he should probably contact the buyer, explain his concerns & suggest they cancel & refund, & then start again without using incriminating descriptions to paypal.

Comment

I thought we covered this a lot...as soon as you mention "airsoft","gun","replica" or similar paypal walk away,they will not get involved in discussion with deals with "prohibited" items.
                  Don't worry about it...

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                    ...suggest they cancel & refund, & then start again without using incriminating descriptions to paypal.
                    This. For the record, I offered to do anything in my power to help, but PayPal were simply being awkward with the seller. So frustrating, as he is a genuine, up-front guy!

If the buyer has any concerns himself about getting scammed (asking to cancel and starting the transaction again), link him to this thread. If he still refuses, refund with an apology to the effect that you feel uncomfortable continuing.

Any genuine buyer can make a mistake, and its a five minute inconvenience to sort this out. If he can't take that five minutes, then something would smell fishy to me.

Comment

I must be missing something..I can't see the issue here..all the buyer is doing is advising via paypal what he is buying.
                      If I buy something via paypal I always put advice in the note area,something like snuff for the M4 and I've received a lot the same..

Comment

If you sell something on paypals restricted list, your account can get locked pending investigation.

There's also the possibility of this being abused for profit. A scammer may use paypals policy to swindle. Granted its generally the other way. Seller sells something broken, or doesn't send anything, buyer complains to PayPal, a dispute is opened, and scamming seller mentions airsoft or imitation firearms. PayPal close the dispute with no action, buyer is left out of pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                          If you sell something on paypals restricted list, your account can get locked pending investigation.

There's also the possibility of this being abused for profit. A scammer may use paypals policy to swindle. Granted its generally the other way. Seller sells something broken, or doesn't send anything, buyer complains to PayPal, a dispute is opened, and scamming seller mentions airsoft or imitation firearms. PayPal close the dispute with no action, buyer is left out of pocket.
                          It is the buyer that has added the note so that is irrelevant..we all know about p/p and airsoft the seller is the least likely to lose out..I don't know anybody that has had their account restricted...£££ is p/p's GOD..

Comment

Read back through the thread Snuff, I accidentally caused exactly that issue. The sellers account was locked for around a month.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                              Read back through the thread Snuff, I accidentally caused exactly that issue. The sellers account was locked for around a month.
                              I noted that but I don't know anyone personally,my feedback score does show how many dealings I've had so hence my wonder at the "panic"..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
                              Working...
                              X