Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy on Classifeds

Hi i am planning to purchase a scope from a guy soon on classifieds

I have a question as to how i am meant to pay, i have seen a large number of Admins, Mods and other high members of the forum stressing that when purchasing never send money via PayPal gift. So if i don't send via a PayPal gist how do i pay the person i am purchasing it from, does PayPal have some kinds of system which you can set up a product to purchase so your still protected if you are scammed etc. As you may already have guess i dont know much about PayPal so i thought the minds of experience in the forum may provide some help.

I assume at the moment you use the "Pay For Goods Or Service" section.

If you guys could get back to me as soon as possible because i would like to get on and buy the scope before someone else beats me to it!

Thanks again Guys!
    ManBearGoatPig
    Current Loadout:
    G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Re: How to buy on Classifeds

yes, use goods or service, NEVER PAY BY GIFT! That's probably the one cardinal rule. Even thought paypal protection is spurious with RIFS you still have some chance of getting your money back If things go south.
    Gift - you pay the fees
    Goods/ services - they pay the fees.

Comment

Thanks for the help man, i will bare that in mine when i pay
      Current Loadout:
      G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Comment

Originally posted by Muzlie View Post
        yes, use goods or service, NEVER PAY BY GIFT! That's probably the one cardinal rule. Even thought paypal protection is spurious with RIFS you still have some chance of getting your money back If things go south.
        Gift - you pay the fees
        Goods/ services - they pay the fees.
        If you're trying to help please make sure your info is correct,there are no payable fees for Gift hence the lack of cover.
        But as said enough times never gift,I still get people gifting me but that's upto them..

Comment

If somebody asks you to gift simply to avoid fees, add the percentage on for goods and services, so they get the same amount as if you gifted, but you get the protection. If they're unhappy with that, then alarm bells would start ring in as they aren't losing anything other than the opportunity to scam.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
            If you're trying to help please make sure your info is correct,there are no payable fees for Gift hence the lack of cover.
            But as said enough times never gift,I still get people gifting me but that's upto them..
            that's not 100% correct, there are fees if you use your credit card, which can be avoided by using your bank/debit card or paypal balance
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've read that some people have gifted using a credit card, and the result was that they were better protected by their card supplier. I'm sure someone got scammed recently, and the card provider sorted it right out, whereas PayPal would have been awkward due to it being a RIF purchase. Food for though.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                If you're trying to help please make sure your info is correct,there are no payable fees for Gift
                I do apologise, I was sure that the fees were on you if you gifted.

Comment

As said, there ARE fees if you gift using a credit card. Found this out when I was going to gift some money to my brother. Hadn't changed over to my debit card.
                  "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Good to know, I don't use a credit card. The best protection would be to pay for good & services and then by credit card I guess

Comment

Never used a credit card myself so bit of an own goal there ..hence I apologise....even so you wouldn't be covered so don't gift...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManBearGoatPig Find out more about ManBearGoatPig
                      Working...
                      X