Best gbbr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best gbbr

Hi I'm looking for a gbbr and am wondering what in your words would be the best and advice on them in general, at the minute I have an ics l86a2 lsw and it will be my first gbbr so I will be clue less

Re: Best gbbr

Well best to work out what budget you've got, then work to that. WE-tech gbbs are good for their money; if you pick up a nice second-hand example with a handful of mags, then spend a few quid on some ra-tech extras then you've got something, that with a small amount of care and attention, will last you a long time.

The WE-techs are good for their money but each model has a couple of weak parts, e.g. AK74 series Hammer is piss poor, but for a £30 Ra-tech hammer (or a £80 full trigger set) you've got a gun that will last a very long time. Plus the kick and build quality is brill.

I've had all of the WE series GBBs at some point in time, I've settled with the AK74un. I have to admit i've enjoyed having all of them, and they never broke the bank. Hence in my mind they tick a lot of boxes, but I can't comment on the WA, G&P or any other gbb manufacturer because I haven't owned one. Steer clear of the G&G one though, its pretty poo.

Comment

Re: Best gbbr

Alright cheers mate, I've had a look at some of the we tech M4s and I think my budget will be just over 300

Comment

Best gbbr

Hands down for for solid performer!

Another benefit to weigh in for WE OB m4/m16 is the upgradability and aftermarket options.
        More and more WE OB parts options are popping up every time I look, even such established manufacturers such as Lylax/Prometheus and Fire-fly.

Since many people have been running OB M4's since they were released we've found some erroneous parts, but for the most part it's a very reliable gun that is indeed skirmishable out of the box.

I run Gas in mine with RA-Tech v.III hard-kick buffer and steel trigger set and nozzle guides .You have to bear in mind that Mechanical parts wear over time from extended use (esp. when you increase the stress from "harsh" operating loads). Luckily for us, RA-Tech already has a full steel BCG for WE OB which is much more affordable than the SCAR steel BCG. But if you get a steel BCG note that it will increase your gas consumption and slower your cycle down.

The OB trigger group is also upgraded from the OEM with newly designed (reinforced) firing pin set, hammer, sear, etc. Bolt catch is also steel. The OB mag feed lip design minimizes double feeding, but depending on what hop-up you use, BB's might roll out of the barrel if running high gas pressures.

There are some drawbacks as well:
        off the top of my head -
        1) dont dry fire the gun (meaning no mag or no gas). Empty firing is fine so long as theres gas in the mag, but dry firing the gun (as in letting the hammer click against the Bolt carrier) will create an indentation which can lead to reduced bolt operation efficiency/ rougher cycling.

2) the hop up is hard to access and pretty much requires you break the gun open and remove BCG to access. It's not convienent and you will prob not do this in the field, as it requires a very small allen wrench to adjust. --on the plus side, you can get some very precise adjustments (fine tuning) and it's a solid design that wont move even under GBB operation (unlike the SCAR, PDW, or G39 which can be rattled out of setting due to vibrations).

3) There is inner barrel wobble. It can be fixed/ reduced, but that's still a drawback.

4) NPAS valve is a little inconsistent compared to fixed [rocket?] valve. With OEM valve it was shooting around 450-470FPS (all stock parts). Once NPAS installed and adjusted it would sometimes shoot 400FPS and sometimes drop to as low as 150 and up to as much as 450. This error might be due to gas pressure instability or over pressure from fresh charging (propane). But that has changed to RA new NPAS design.

But overall they are great guns and fun to play with.
        Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

paddyman235 Find out more about paddyman235
        Working...
        X