G&P M4 advice, range and accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4 advice, range and accuracy

So, finally got my lovely, shiny Spec Ops M4 and pretty damn chuffed.

Few general questions -

Are there any good M4 repair/tweak videos out there to have a read of?
    Seems to be a fairly decent hop up unit, should I use .25 bb's for better range?
    Anything else to get greater range? Seems ok at the min but I'd like to max it if poss.

Re: G&P M4 advice, range and accuracy

G&P follows the generic m4/m16 AEG design and is infinitely covered. Every single part is widely available as are upgrade parts.
    .25g can help for better effective ranges, how much of am
    Improvement can depend on how the internals are setup.
    G&P have fantastic externals, but there is a fair amount of room for improvement internally and hop wise.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks man,

Hmmm interesting, opinions certainly seem to differ on the internals, quite I bit I read beforehand quotes G&P hop ups and motors as some of the better mid-rangers.

Nearly forgot, is a 'clunk' after each shot or volley normal? I ask as it's not been present on hire guns and mates guns I've used. Kinda "budda budda budda click" if you'll forgive the crudeness of the example.

What would you recommend tinkering with first then? I'm a tinkerer so intend going for a few minor upgrades over time.

Comment

I'd say (assuming you got it new) check with wherever you bought it from whether upgrading it would void warranty. From my (limited) experience, they usually say it should be fine*.

G&P seem to be good enough out of the box for skirmishing. They're better than most rentals but not as good as some of those upgraded ones you come across. But that's just it. They're good enough.

Personally, I'd leave it until either the gun breaks (and the shop won't take it back as a warranty job) or when the warranty expires.

*So long as whatever fault later develops isn't caused by said 'upgrade'.
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reaperman Find out more about Reaperman
        Working...
        X