what makes a good and a bad m14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes a good and a bad m14?

Hi guys, looking for some specifics really to what makes an M14 good or bad,

what internalls are best sought for to have a sweat M14 with great range and accuracy?

i have read posts that the range can be better than most snipers including some upgraded VSR's, how true is this statement?

what price would i be looking to pay for an upgraded M14 with the usual accessories like mags and a scope?

ty

Re: what makes a good and a bad m14?

Expand about which M14 you're going for, I'm assuming its TM. One huge thing I hate about most M14s is the disassembly, complicated and time-consuming. Another is it quite heavy - Not so much a problem if you're quite big. (In general)

But range and accuracy can swoop the feet off of most AEGs, I don't have a VSR so I cannot comment about the difference!

Comment

thanks,

as for make its just curiosity accross the board like cyma, CA, JG what ever companies make them

ty

Comment

I highly recommend TM. If you can't, you can settle with Cyma - I don't have any first hand-experience Cyma or other companies, but what I've heard they're quite good.

Comment

I love Airsoft the myths and rumours, it’s like a game of Chinese whispers.

The m14 isn’t much different to any other aeg, what it is though is much newer than most aeg designs.. (2003/4)

Tm designed a different hop unit, it is better at adjusting and holding adjustments and also how much it applies the hop.

What this means is that it easier to get greater range and accuracy because its doing its job properly.

A well setup m4 will be comparable but it takes effort, hence why the m14 is considered to be more accurate.

They also come as standard with 6.05 mm barrel as well, so without any effort you’ve already slightly increased accuracy.

It “should” never be comparable to the distance and accuracy which can be attained by a well setup VSR, if it is then someone’s not doing a good job with their VSR. The FPS increase alone on a VSR will seriously out range a m14 even at 425 fps and single locked. People like to say fps doesn’t increase distance but it plays a big part with a good hop setup.

What brand? As with any gun TM is your safest option.
          Remember the golden rule, Every after market part you buy carries on it a label "designed for Tokyo Marui Aegs" every time you buy a gun which isn’t you run the risk of part incompatibilities due to manufacturing tolerances or where they have simply made it or designed it differently.
          If you remember the rule it makes it easier to weigh up the decision of which brand to go for, and you get to know which ones stick to tm’s specs and which ones go off and make their own design.

Comment

I have a cyma m14 and it's brill! Highly Recommended.
            Also interested in what people have to say in response to this

Comment

I too have a pimped cyma, love it to bits, CA and G&G have a different mag design, so stick to TM or cyma for readily avalible mags

I am not biased to any brand tbh, I love my CA's, but did not buy one due to the mag prices and incompatability issue. Tm are nice, but the Cyma is a cracking copy, its the only gun i've never had an issue with, and if i'm being outranged, regardless of loadout (I usually go Vn or Multicam) I will happily dust off the M14 for a bit of long range payback!

Comment

Cymas a brand I would buy, comparing with a tm you can visibly see the quality of metal and plastic, little things like screws not being as good.

Stuff which most people won’t look at, but its there.

That said because of them sticking to tm’s designs you’ll find they are extremely similar in accuracy. For half the price.

Id still buy the TM though... How do you explain better build quality? There’s no way to make a chart that explains to people that it’s better to pay twice as much for something that does the same thing.

I think it’s a matter of how much you’ll use it, the funds you have and if you’ll be upgrading it a lot.

Comment

As Rich said, its like comparing a VW golf, to a Skoda Fabia, simple thing is, they are basically the same car, sharing some almost identical parts... but if you had the money, you'd buy the Golf!

Comment

good example!

Comment

'Sounds just like a golf!' But in reality - 'Sounds just like a Marui!' Quite funny, but true.

Comment

That sums up pretty well on the manufacture details etc. Now what about the accessories. What accessories etc are recomended i.e bipods maybe?
                        Cheers

Comment

nah, maybe a scope? a tightbore is a lovely addition, get the most of that long barrel.

Personally, I have a metal heat shield, the G&P traded body"kit" and a wooden stock is next on the list... should have built it myself tbh! lol

And no, I dont drive a Skoda! (I drive a Brabus Roadster!)

I'm kinda growing to a socom at the mo, like the shorter look, and I can see the benifits, the good thing is you can really go to town these days, with an ebr, make it look more modern, Vn style with a nice wood effect full length, or theres the OD moulded look, the stubby.. ect ect

Scopes are in my eyes kinda pointless, In the Army, I used my susat cos I knew I only had "X" amount of rounds, in airsoft, I know I have thousands, so I point and shoot, glancning over the irons for good measure, I like the look of a scope though, so most of mine are red dots.

Comment

Out of curiousity, what sort of range will a stock marui M14 running at 328 fps achieve? Good enough for a low-powered scope?

Comment

accessorys are prity much user preference..

i like open sights, others like scopes or red dots etc

some like fitting RAS some like just a little rail on top..

you just have to know what you want i guess

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                              Working...
                              X