TM VSR Gspec advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR Gspec advice

Im looking at the VSR Gspec and i am well aware that it is a very upgradable rifle.
    I was thinking of putting a:
    Laylax 150 spring in to bring the fps to 480ish
    Laylax high pressure piston with silent shaft
    Laylax Piston sears
    Laylax Spring guide stopper
    Laylax Trigger seats
    All of this is reccomended to be installed before bringing up the fps.
    Are there any other upgrades which are reccomended or will this be sufficient. I also saw that you can get a fully upgrades laylax VSR gspec from zero one. Does anyone know if these are worth spending the money on
    Thanks
    Will

Re: TM VSR Gspec advice

Any advice?

Comment

Re: TM VSR Gspec advice

Originally posted by Woody97 View Post
      Any advice?
      Hi there

I've been looking at the VSR also as seen some great reviews about and I think I'd prefer a good sniper rifle for skirmishing and in the garden. I've found the following on a review I was reading about upgrades, which I hope might be helpful. I'm fairly new to this but learning fast and hope you might be able to pull some answers out of the following bits of advice I found regarding upgrading the VSR. Let me know how you get on I'd be interested to know of any do's or dont's you come across.

Good luck here is what I found:

Stock TM rubber OR Laylax/Nineball purple VSR 10 rubber
      DangerWerx Type A Hop up arm
      PDi 6.05mm barrel
      Air seal PTFE and dental floss mod for the hop up rubber
      Air seal PTFE wrapped around cylidner head,Counter clockwise from front
      Heat shrink nozzle mod
      LayLax or Action Army Dual Oring piston head
      Laylax or Action Army Cylinder,you can keep the stock one but I personally can't guarantee the stress it can take at higher powers.
      S-Trigger
      Laylax or action army 90 degree piston

upgrading the hop, barrel and cylinder components. Get it as consistent as possible and upgrade the rest later on. Consistency is the most important part so get PTFE tape and make sure every seal is as perfect as possible.

The TM VSR 10 is made for a japan legal power of 280FPS,the legal limit is 328 FPS in Japan,Italy and a few other countries.

The Sears are made out of zinc,or pot metal. They are rather weak and only last about 3 or so years on the stock spring. They are often replaced by steel ones.

The VSR 10 uses a 45 degree piston catch,or sear. It's a simpler and cheaper mechanism than the 90 degree system as Marui designed the VSR 10 to be cheaper than the Maruzen APS series.

The 90 degree mechanism is stronger though,it can take tougher springs and it last longer,the piston sear does not need replacing often.

The EZ trigger set contains the piston,with the 90 degree end and the trigger mech. This should let you use high FPS springs,but it's better off getting your gun at around 400,it will be more reliable and accurate.

I still say upgrade the hop up first,it's more important for range and accuracy than power.

Full PDI or Laylax internals (PDI inner barrel in both), I'd keep the standard TM hop unit and rubber but everything else ideally would be swapped for upgraded parts. They shoot well for the price they are stock, but not to the extent where you have and advantage over AEG users, which somewhat ruins the point of a sniper rifle. It takes about £400 to get the parts plus that of the rifle.
      If you dont mind your performance as it is just go for power but bare in mind that upping it will reduce the longevity of the rifle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Woody97 Find out more about Woody97
      Working...
      X