safety glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safety glasses

so far ive been looking around forum for safety and couldnt find any treads so i like some advice on which best sort of glasses (non-mesh)

ive found few i like, but im not sure which is the best one or that so...
    G&P Vltor custom CBQ, WANTED VLTOR UPPER RECIVER,

Re: safety glasses

you need ballistic rated, and for gods sake don't buy some cheap £5 crap of ebay. Buy reputable brands such as ESS, Oakley, Revision and such. You get one set of eyes. For god sake spend a little and take car of them!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Buy cheap, buy twice... except you can't buy new eyeballs.

Get a branded name set, with a good seal on your face; not all branded gear is expensive though, Ess and Smith do a few bits in their range that are sub £30. Then you have the comfort of knowing you've got a quality bit of kit that is over engineered for airsoft... so you're eyeballs are at ease!

Comment

I went down similar lines to you. Had a pair of ESS nv profile goggles but found them dreadful for fogging, plus the anti fog coating seemed to peel off. I now run a pair of Oakley SI M frame 3.0 and have not had any issues with them. But of fogging but I have been running hard and it was very humid. Plus of you wear glasses you can get some ESS inserts that fit beautifully. They are expensive but as people have said you only have 1 pair of eyes.

Comment

I used to have a nightmare with fogging, tbh I just run hot all the time anyway so its just twice as bad in airsoft. Invested in a set of ESS turbo fans and not had a single issue since.

Comment

Tbh mate i'd go for Ess Ice if they suit your face shape, with some Revision anti-fog wipes(which basically eliminate fogging in my experience). Very easy to get replacement parts for, cheap and yet still milspec. Eye pro should be a disposable thing(as in replace every so often so you know they still work) and tbh it's going to be difficult to want to replace £90 Oakley M frames when they eventually get damaged(especially with the individual larger 3.0 replacement lenses being unavailable in the UK atm). As said above they are the dogs if you don't mind the price.

Comment

ESS turbo fan goggles are good. fan is almost silent on low mode and keeps it fog free most of the time, the high fan mode is good if you start to fog up. They are about £120 but eye protection is your most important piece of kit.
              Bought 3 different pieces of eye protection before getting these. didn't like mesh, i didn't feel safe in clear safety glasses, normal safety goggles fog up very easy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TraceJ Find out more about TraceJ
              Working...
              X