royal mail issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royal mail issues?

Anyone had issues with royal mail? Purchased a pistol off here two weeks ago now and have still not received. Was sent first class.

Where do I and the chap I purchased it off stand? Would he be reimbursed by royal mail so I get my money back and he gets money back?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers guys. Rich.

Re: royal mail issues?

If it has a tracking number then check if it has been put down as 'detained' or something similar.

If the seller has no tracking number or proof of postage to prove the item is sent the best you can do wait and see if it turns up (could take up to 2 months).

However if the item is detained and the seller has no way of proving the item was sent to RM when he asks them about it then they have no chance of getting their money back and you will have to discuss it between you as to what to do over the money sent for the pistol.

Either way the short answer is you are probably both screwed and will have to work out what to do with the cash between you. Also for reference don't use RM for anything gas pistol shaped as they are full of crap ovr why they will not transport them all of a sudden anyway.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

It seems like lots of air pistols etc are being siezed and shipped to Belfast to be checked out. Anything shipped first class or special delivery that goes by air is scanned and hence these get re-routed (lost/disposed) even though they are on the allowed list. Parcelforce 48 is sometimes the better option as it generally goes surface.

Comment

Yep they can be delayed for checks, rightly so, but if the seller hasn't used a tracked service, IMHO you should not be liable in any way, sellers responsibility is to get it to you & until you have it in your hands, it remains the responsibility of the seller.
        If RM or any other carrier has lost the item, the seller has entered in to a contract with them, & therefore bears sole responsibility for both chasing the carrier & reimbursing the buyer.
        The buyer has completed their part of the deal by supplying payment.
        As the buyer its down to you to decide what you feel is a reasonable timeframe to allow for delivery, irrespective of RM's rules, most buyers would not be prepared to wait a month before pushing for further action.

Comment

Rich, you will have to wait the 15 working days and then ask the seller to raise a claim with RM and issue you a refund, he should get his cheque from RM a few weeks later.

Comment

if it was destroyed, there is NO compensation.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              if it was destroyed, there is NO compensation.
              Again, this is an issue for the seller, the op has no responsibility in this matter.
              @ Fallouttodust, does the seller have a receipt, tracking no etc, if he hasn't then you need to escalate to a dispute, as this failure on his part is irresponsible, & slightly dubious when shipping a rif.

Comment

To be honest using RM is bad enough.

Though given that the useless tw@s have only changed the goalposts in the past few months most people won't know they have stopped shipping gas pistol around, yet still the ones retailers send get through fine

Best bet is to sort it out with the seller and agree on what you plan to do. It is likely that they or you will be left totally out of pocket but that is between you and then to decide and how you / they react to the situation.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Cheers for your advice guys. Really helpful, the chap has got a receipt saying that an item has been sent, but no tracking number. This Friday will be three weeks exactly. Would like to get this sorted as now I'm out of pocket and have no pistol will keep you all posted (pun intended) on how I get on.

Thanks gents. Rich.

Comment

This very issue is being discussed here:
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ing!-RM-issues

Comment

This is my reply

talked to my sorting office and have told them about the missing parcel i have filled in a claim form from my end you will receive a letter to confirm that you havnt got the parcel and to fill in then send it back to royal mail but was told in the letter you will get will be a envelope to send it back to

any ideas guys?

Comment

Sign HIS form as requested, but start your PayPal claim straight away, royal mails ineptness is his problem not yours, & his failure to track it just makes it worse.
                        Let him know that if the item is found in gwo, then you will still be happy to pay for it, assuming you haven't purchased another one elsewhere.

Comment

well gas pistol & no tracking number means that its only covered for £20 compensation anyway.

Its the sellers responsibility to send it with the correct postage & cover
                          Last edited by passey; 30 September, 2014, 12:42.
                          G&G TR4-18 Short | ARMY L85A2 | G&G Xtreme45 | WE SMG8 | WE SCAR L GBBR | JG Bar-10

Comment

Originally posted by passey View Post
                            well gas pistol & no tracking number means that its only covered for £20 compensation anyway.

Its the buyers responsibility to send it with the correct postage & cover
                            I'm sure you mean the SELLER ?

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                              I'm sure you mean the SELLER ?
                              yeh bad typo lol corrected now.
                              G&G TR4-18 Short | ARMY L85A2 | G&G Xtreme45 | WE SMG8 | WE SCAR L GBBR | JG Bar-10

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fromfallouttodust Find out more about fromfallouttodust
                              Working...
                              X