Tokyo Marui M14 DMR Conversion Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui M14 DMR Conversion Advice

Hi guys, as I have recently purchased a TM M14 I want to convert it into a DMR (this was the plan before I bought it).
    I know I will need to upgrade spring, inner barrel ect but is there anything else that would help to improve the gun further? I'm just very unfamiliar with the V7 gearbox and I don't want to mess with it and replace parts until I know that I'm actually improving the gun.

If anyone has any further advice on improving the gun in anyway I would be very happy to hear it.

Cheers

Re: Tokyo Marui M14 DMR Conversion Advice

Get out there n use it first, its pretty good as it comes. Once you are familiar with it you can work out what you want to do next.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Get a new barrel, hop unit and barrel in one go first if you want to upgrade it, it's a good way to improve accuracy (and fps minutely) plus you don't run the risk of damaging it or releasing the trademark TM fairy dust.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Bryn mate, if it ain't broke don't fix it, as the guys said, its tm, just bloody use it, they generally make the best stock kit (for the money), you start modding it & you may end up with a money pit that let's you down at every opportunity.
        I vouch for the rifle (god I miss my baby), & at the moment you can use it in all roles, no issues about med etc, in a singular dmr role that you may later feel doesn't suit you, but you'd be left with a gun that can do nothing else, & empty pockets lol.
        IMHO mate.

Comment

As above mate the M14 TM series are awesome out of the box so changing stuff is more likely to make it worse unless you know what you are doing with upgrades, plus you will end up spending £100 on after market upgrade parts when the TM ones are just as good.
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

I agree that messing with the gearbox might end up badly, I have tested the gun and it is most certainly a smashing gun with great range and accuracy. It is definitely the type of gun you sit back from the action a bit with and pick people of. I would say it is perfect for a DMR, the hop is fantastic as it is so that will definitely not be tampered with. As for the inner barrel, I think getting a tight bore will squeeze that extra range and accuracy out of it just to win those long range gun fights. I'm pretty much set on changing it to a DMR but I will try it out in the field again before I do so.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

I don't have a Marui M14 - I've got a Cyma Socom - but I've got half a dozen TM guns and although all have been fiddled about with over the years, out of the box they shoot very accurately. I'd advise getting it comfortable to shoot and looking the part. The M14 is a big gun so I wouldn't recommend a bipod since it makes it very front heavy and a PITA to move about. A decent cheek riser and a low powered scope with good eye relief on a low mount makes for great handling - I use a Visionking scope on a King Arms mount with an ambidexterous Bradley cheek riser. While the Cyma gun is great value I did purchase a TM fire selector and the quality difference in finish is quite noticeable.

Internally, I haven't opened the gearbox since it was shooting under my site limit but I did change out the crappy Cyma motor and add a mosfet. If you do want to mod the internals a 6.01 barrel will increase your fps by about 10/15fps so bear that in mind if you're changing the spring. Everything else on a TM, including the hop rubber, will be absolutely fine.
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
              It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

I will definitely buy a scope and scope mount even if I decide not to change to a DMR.
                Just confirming as I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else, is the Cyma m14 scope mount compatible with TM?

Comment

Yes.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Alright so after a day with my M14 I still think I'm going to make it a DMR. I was pretty much using at as a DMR today anyway, absolutely smashing gun though, was hitting targets a fair distance away, but with a more powerful spring it will definitely outrage most if not all other guns with heavier ammo. I'm not sure about the inner barrel as the accuracy is pretty good as it is.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Franklin I don't know what you were expecting to see in my biography, but this probably wasn't it. Find out more about Franklin
                    Working...
                    X