Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Sentry Magpul Owners *Advice needed for compatible mags*

Hi guys

I recently bought a G&P Sentry Magpul version and basically I am having the dreaded mag feeding problems. I have read on the internet about the many people who're having the same problem of mags not feeding very well so I know I'm not alone.

I have seen there are lots of hints and tips out there on trimming the mag feeding hole down or packing out the back of the magwell to help mags feed correctly but I'm really not up for doing that.

I have used PMags, Lonex Flash Mags, MAG (mid caps) but not had any luck yet. The closest to feeding correctly are Lonex Flash mags but they also didn't feed with out any problems.

The only one that feeds with out any problems is the G&P 130rd mid cap that comes with the gun. I will probably get a few more of these but ideally I want a high cap as well.

I'm basically after advice from people who KNOW (not heard or think they know something that will work) people who've actually used what ever mags in a G&P with out problems. Ideally I want to get at least 3 high caps and a few mid caps.

I am open to any other mags but I am currently looking at the following links.

G&P Troy BattleMag Hi-Cap Magazine (340rds)

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/ai...s-2-pack-p1865

G&P High Capacity Magazine 360 Rounds

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/ai...0-rounds-p1864

G&P M16 Magazine (130 Rounds)

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/ai...ds-gp094-p1612

If anyone has experience using these please let me know how they handle.

Thanks DT

Re: G&P Sentry Magpul Owners *Advice needed for compatible mags*

Al my G&P Magpul Bodied guns 5 or 6 so far have all worked fine on Pmags.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I've been running mine for years on Classic Army midcaps.

That said, I also own a Classic Army highcap and it's not a fan of that at all...
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I used to run my G&P guns on PMAGs no problem. Also have loads of G&P mid caps too which were my go to. Never had any problems with Lonex either!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys guys. It's very stranger to why mine doesn't like PMags or Lonex flash mags. Could it be something to do with it being brand new? I will have to borrow my mates PMags again and check them out again. My Lonex Flash wasn't fully loaded when I checked it the other day so it might of been that but I doubt it as there was more than enough in there to allow it to feed correctly. I'm worried about buying anymore mags that don't work!

- - - Updated - - -

BigAl you couldn't send me a link to where you got your PMags from could you?

Comment

So long as its fully wound the lonex should be fine. I would imagine your issue is the hop chamber either being too short or too long into the mag feed hole itself. Maybe swap out the hop up and go from there? G&P hop units especially their rubbers are always shocking compared to some after market ones.. I had very good results with both the madbull ultimate and prowin CNC chambers with guarder clear rubbers.

Unfortunately Big Al can't send you a link as it's against forum rules to send links to other retailers. You'll also have some issue nowadays getting genuine PTS PMAGS as the PTS/Magpul Collaboration was cancelled a good while ago so most of the stock has since dried up. My suggestion would be to try the PTS EPM magazines.. They're genuinely brilliant.

Comment

Oh right sorry I didn't know that!!

Yeah I have ordered a Fire Fly bucking and nub to change out the G&P stock ones. I will have a look at that suggestion about the hop chamber though as that does make sense. I have ordered a few Lonex mags as I have just seen the one I used originally wasn't a Lonex it was a SEALS? I've never heard of them and google hasn't come up with much as well. Hopefully actual Lonex ones will work! I've got a game Sunday so I hope they do! Lol

Comment

I have known feeding issues on G&P guns, it seems that the nozzles are flat on the front, if replaced with a tapered nozzle it seems to work with every magazine afterwards. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8877

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                  I have known feeding issues on G&P guns, it seems that the nozzles are flat on the front, if replaced with a tapered nozzle it seems to work with every magazine afterwards. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8877
                  No way!! If you're right that would be amazing!! Will the Prometheus one work the same?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5177

Comment

It should, although the JBU one is in stock and cheaper :D

Comment

It should, although the JBU one is in stock and cheaper :D
                      Very true haha how reliable are JBU? Also how easy are they to fit?

Charlie

Comment

JBU are pretty good, I have a fair few guns with JBU gears, hops etc in them.

The G&P gearbox is a bit of a recusance to work on as the anti reversal latch and trigger will constantly try and spring out when you attempt to put it back together. There are a lot of videos on YouTube that are easy to follow, just be careful not to loose the springs when you open the gearbox.

Changing the nozzle is simple to do once the gearbox is open.

Comment

JBU are pretty good, I have a fair few guns with JBU gears, hops etc in them.

The G&P gearbox is a bit of a recusance to work on as the anti reversal latch and trigger will constantly try and spring out when you attempt to put it back together. There are a lot of videos on YouTube that are easy to follow, just be careful not to loose the springs when you open the gearbox.

Changing the nozzle is simple to do once the gearbox is open.
                          Thanks buddy but I will probably take it to my local technician because I'm fairly new to airsoft and the idea of me opening it up to fit it myself makes me a bit worried haha. So for now I will get him to have a look. Hopefully it will fix the problem though. The G&P series seems to be very hit and miss when it comes to mags. My G&P mag that came with it works a treat but my old MAG mags don't work at all but apparently do in other peoples. It's very strange to why they're not coming up with a solution them selfs when quite a lot of people are having the same issues. Even more so if it is as simple as the nozzle being changed!!

Comment

Only way you're gonna learn is by doing it realistically. If you mess it up then take it to the tech and get him to put it back together for you. Chances are you wont mess it up just keep track of the springs!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dangerous Tendencies Find out more about Dangerous Tendencies
                            Working...
                            X