MagpulPTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagpulPTS

Hi people, i'm looking at getting myself an ACR (masada) but wondering wether to go for the hard to find and pricey PTS version or settle for the A&K version, SO i ask you which is better, or are they both crap and i will need to replace the gearbox anyway?

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Re: MagpulPTS

I have had both, although I had the A&K one when it was first out and therefore it was a p. o. s. Apparently the later models have been somewhat improved. The external look of the A&K model seems to be a much rougher finish and is MUCH lower on detail. Fit and finish is very sub par compared to the Magpul variant. It is of course far cheaper and thus it is a reflection of that.

Mine is a Magpul and the previous owner upgraded the internals so any issues the standard one has have been remedied. Externally it is so well made it makes any other airsoft rifle I've owned seem very average. There are no rattles or loose components and this is probably approaching 4 years old.

In short A&K. Cheaper externals and charging handle in the wrong place to name 2 things.
    Magpul, worth the extra in my opinion. The trigger response is extremely good as it has a microswitch and as fast as I can pull the trigger, it'll fire. People will not sell these cheaply though.

Jason

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

Magpul (OEM is Ares) has the nicer externals, by far. Internals, well, it's Ares and the ones I've worked on have been very hit and miss - plus, lot's of proprietary parts in the gearbox. Still, spares support (for when something breaks), is but an email to the manufacturer away...

Comment

As above, If you want externals, take the PTS. It does have a nicer finish. As for internals, the A&K is the way to go. In my experience, They are far more reliable. The gearbox in the PTS uses a microswitch trigger which can be prone to breaking (depending on batch). These microswitches also don't like AB mosfets if that matters to you at all.

All in all, if it were my money, I'd buy the A&K. The bodywork is alright, it's just not up to the PTS, but I'm all for perfomance if the bodywork is ok, but that's just me.

Comment

I would give the WE MSK AEG serious consideration.

As it's based off the Remington ACR, it's a more contemporary 'take' on the Masada platform.

Comment

So it sounds like A&K is the way to go, do magpul parts fit the A&K version though (i.e replacment handgaurds, stocks. Etc ,etc)?

L.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
              So it sounds like A&K is the way to go, do magpul parts fit the A&K version though (i.e replacment handgaurds, stocks. Etc ,etc)?

L.

Nope

Comment

Owell nvm then.

L.

Comment

I would assume you'd upgrade the internals on the A&K anyway, so , as the internals on both are substandard there really is only one option. At least the gearbox on the Magpul variant already has 8mm bearings. Therefore if you upgrade the internals on both at least one will look the part as well as shoot and let's face it, we like realism in airsoft or we'd all be playing paintball.

Comment

I've owned the magpul masada, while nice, id def say go with something else... To many unique pieces if something goes wrong. I'm scar ergonomics is much better.

Even after the initial buy, folding stock and other pieces are v expensive

If your going to spend all that money, go a little further and get a tm recoil
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I didn't know TM did a recoil masada

L.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
                        I didn't know TM did a recoil masada

L.

They don't! Ultimately it comes down to how much you want to spend and how accurate you'd like the rifle to look and feel.

Comment

I meant tm recoil m4/416/scar/ak.... They don't do a masada.

Your close to the price of one of them, if I knew what I now know I would of bought a recoil instead of the masada
                          FOR SALE
                          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                            I meant tm recoil m4/416/scar/ak.... They don't do a masada.

Your close to the price of one of them, if I knew what I now know I would of bought a recoil instead of the masada
                            Love the SCAR H. Just sold an TM M4 recoil. Very accurate and reliable. When I got mine it was a rarity, but now it's just another M4. I will probably get a SCAR H or a 417 (when they are released) and keep the Masada as a CQB/backup.

Comment

I did see a gbb kit for a masada that looked interessting...but its more money ultimatly.

It looks like i'll be going for the pts version, but im going to get my retailer friend to sort one out for me as i want the AKM lower and a ris handguard and it sounds like a&k wont fit the ris/lower

L.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeCDC Long days and pleasant nights Find out more about LukeCDC
                              Working...
                              X