Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GK99 Battery Help/Question

Hi all.

Recently bought my first AEG which was the GK99. I absolutely love the look and feel of the gun and spent a long time researching it. However, I grossly underestimated the battery space in the handguard. I tried getting a 8.4v nimh battery but there was no chance it was going to fit in there. I'm a bit reluctant to go for lipo batteries but it seems like that is what I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one.

Does anyone know if there are any nimh batteries that fit in a GK99 and if not, could someone give me the run down (or direct me to a place that has a good overview) on lipo batteries?

Re: GK99 Battery Help/Question

first of all do you know what dimensions your gun has space for the battery
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've got one of these and I use either a a single or double lipo 7.4, I have tried the standard type but they will just not go, will get some pics up to show ASAP. You'll love it when you do get it going

sigpic
      OHHH BEHAVE!!
      GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
      YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

The nimh ones I've ordered I sent back yesterday. Just ordered some double lipo batteries like you've mentioned.

These are the ones that I've ordered: Vapex 7.4v 1450mAh 20c LiPo Battery Cranestock

Do you reckon I'll have any trouble fitting those in? I've looked at the dimensions and they seem to be ok. Here's its size: 140mm x 23mm x 5mm x2.

I've watched every video I can find of people shooting it and I can't wait to get it up and running! Should be soon (hopefully)...
        Last edited by Elkdridge; 25 October, 2014, 01:03.

Comment

Couldn't see picture of battery, but if it looks like this one you be fine

image.jpg

Right what I did to make sure it fitted without snapping the lipo was to remove some of the inner part of the hand guard, don't be scared to do it just take your time and to check it often, was these two parts on both sides

image.jpg

Here's some of the battery in place

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helps, most types of AK mag fit I have cyma and SRC ones, have one of the waffle types but it's a bit wobbly

sigpic
          OHHH BEHAVE!!
          GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
          YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

Ah, thanks a lot for the pictures. That's the exact battery that I've ordered so that's encouraging. Just a bit of DIY to make sure they sit nicely then.

Another quick question in regards to lipo battery maintenance. I've ordered a balancing charger but I've seen folks using dischargers and cell balancers separate to their charges. Is this something I'm going to need to get in the long run out is it essential that I get them if I'm getting some lipos?

Comment

I just use a balance charger to charge as and when I need to use it, so probably not the best one to advise on this, but mine seem to be ok
              No prob with the pics you'll need a bit jiggers poke rely to get both halves of hand guards and battery to close but it'll go just don't force anything lipo's are fragile.

Here's mine image.jpg

sigpic
              OHHH BEHAVE!!
              GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
              YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

Ah OK, I'll see how i go with them. That's a swish looking gun you have there. How did you get that scope to fit? I can't see any room attachments with it coming straight out the box.

Comment

No had to buy a mount and a rail, see below
                  image.jpg
                  image.jpg

sigpic
                  OHHH BEHAVE!!
                  GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
                  YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

About the Author

Collapse