Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOTECH which model number?

Lo all,

Now, I'm not a complete biff but what's the difference between the various EOTECH model numbers?

Am looking to put one on my short barrelled M4 ptw to use mainly wood land.

Any idea which model number would be best suited?

Re: EOTECH which model number?

XPS or 551 are probably your best bet then as they're quite short, though the only difference in airsoft terms is the size of the sight. None of them are magnified and they all have the same reticle.

Comment

So other than model numbers and physical size, they are all the same?

I know one has the controls mounted on the side for optic use but other than that, just dimensions?

Comment

They do not all have the same reticule.

http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic...le-information
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

If you're talking about clones, yup, they are pretty much identical internals with different cases and batteries. If you're talking about genuine Eotechs (very expensive) there are differences in the models.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            They do not all have the same reticule.

http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic...le-information
            I was talking in terms of clones, they're all essentially the same. If we're going down the real eotech route there's a huge array of choices!

Comment

I've always preferred the 552 as it takes regular AA batteries rather than the more expensive options other smaller eotechs take. I think the 551 takes button cells if memory serves me well and the XPS is a CR123A which can be around £7 for two, unless you go rechargeable of course!

Comment

I have a few different clones.. 2x XPS which take CR123a. I have several rechargeable ones though as my PEQ15 uses a CR123a too. My favourite is my 553 though, QD mount and takes AAA batteries. I've had a couple of cheap 552 and 551 clones that haven't done it for me. That being said I did have an expensive HurricanE 552 and that was pants.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

How do people find clones in sunlight? I had a hurricane few years back and was really disappointed. Not had one since but fancy one now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
                  Working...
                  X