Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 Para & P90 Magazines?

Hi there!

I got two questions if someone be so kind to help me with.

I originally wanted a A&K MK46 but this seems to be sold out everywhere and been told at one store it would take 4 months for the next batch but the G&P M249 Para is available.

Are you able mod it so you can equip a foregrip and add RIS support so I can mount a laser and touch to the front plus a scope to the top?

My second question is since my first weapon is out of stock everywhere, I be happy to purchase a P90 TM but I been reading horror stories on the magazines.

Clearly, the default 69rd magazine is too small while the HiCaps available have major critical problems with them not feeding well or unwinding while the MidCaps seem okay but they seem out of stock everywhere unless I order from the US or China.

So people who own the P90, whats the down to earth real experience with the magazines? Are they really that bad that people make them out to be with the HiCaps?
    sigpic

Re: M249 Para & P90 Magazines?

I can't advise on your first query - apologies.

However I have owned the TM P-90, and quite understand your concerns in regard to magazines!

Hi-caps = I've found that they're too finicky to be reliable, plus the rattling is counterintuitive to any kind of stealth you might be attempting. I've only experienced feed issues myself, and to be honest any hi-cap magazine has the potential to unwind if given enough incentive (impacts, incorrect insertion, over-winding, etc.)

Mid-caps = I haven't experienced them (due to the stock issues, as you have encountered!). I've read some good things, but can't say anything useful myself.

Lo-caps / real-caps = they look awesome with the dummy rounds, and I've never had any feed / jamming issues. I would agree that their capacity might be something of an issue, especially if you subscribe to the 'pay and spray' mentality... However the biggest issue with ALL of the P-90 magazines is...

Storage. Due to their length (oo-er) it can be a real faff under fire to reload. They're too big for most dump-pouches, so you've got to take time to carefully stow them away. I did attempt to get around this by trying out the box-magazine option, which was more friendly when using Armalite magazines... although it made the gun awkward to handle and ugly as sin!

If I had my time again, I'd have got an MP5K instead. If I was in the market for a sleek PDW nowadays (and had a ridiculous amount of cash to spend!), the Magpul PDR-C would be a better option.

Comment

Re: M249 Para & P90 Magazines?

Thanks for replying.

Yeah storage and price of the magazines do seem a problem but I have found pouches that fit the P90 magazines for the legs and for Osprey rigging so that's not much of a problem anymore.

I looked at the Magpul PDR-C, but didn't like the look of it.
      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IronWarrior Find out more about IronWarrior
      Working...
      X