Two tone rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two tone rules

Hi guys, I know its illegal to change the colour of the two tone parts but is it illegal to change the parts (specifically the stock, not the rail) once on site and change them back once the day had finished?

Re: Two tone rules

unless you have a defence yes change an if to a rif is manufacturing even if you change it back.
    Reformed Pacifist

Comment

If you're playing regularly, and can show that you are, you can change it permanently anyway buddy. Keep your receipts, make sure you clearly sign the fire register at the site and get a confirmation email when you've played and theres no reason you can't get rid of your two tone anyway.

Comment

You can't paint a two tone black as that is manufactuting a RIF which is illegal, but you can take off the two tone parts and put "black" parts on, because your not modifiying the original parts to make it look real it doesn't go against any laws.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The law says modifying an IF to a RIF is illegal. Pretty sure it doesn't specify that it only counts as modification if you paint the part, and not if you replace them entirely. If you have a defence then you should be fine either painting or replacing the coloured parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
            The law says modifying an IF to a RIF is illegal. Pretty sure it doesn't specify that it only counts as modification if you paint the part, and not if you replace them entirely. If you have a defence then you should be fine either painting or replacing the coloured parts.
            Even if you have a defence it is still illegal to paint a two tone gun because you are manufacturing a RIF, changing tje stock is'nt manufacturing so it is'nt illegal, and anyway the only "defence" is a UKARA and all that does is protect a retailer when selling a RIF.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I looked this up. For example, simple the act of putting together an upper and lower receiver is classed as manufacturing. For example, your two tone has a painter upper. Swapping that for a black one falls under the manufacturing precedent.

Comment

Out of curiosity, where did you find that out?

Comment

How ridiculous. Ive been playing for years and years and painted many two tones yet still a free man.

Also seen in shops people buying an IF in one transaction then new parts in another...

Comment

Not another two tone / UKARA is the only defence thread.
                    There are many threads on here covering the same info.

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
                    Also seen in shops people buying an IF in one transaction then new parts in another...
                    Also seen shops selling guns to young people clearly under 18. Doesn't make it legal.
                    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

If you play air soft regularly and can prove so if needed you can spray it. Yes it's illegal to manufacture a RIF but below is your defence

It shall be a defence in proceedings for an offence under section 36 of the 2006 Act or under paragraph 4 of Schedule 2 to that Act for the person charged with the offence to show that his conduct was for the purpose only of making the imitation firearm in question available for one or more of the purposes specified in paragraph (2).

(2) Those purposes are—

(a)the organisation and holding of permitted activities for which public liability insurance is held in relation to liabilities to third parties arising from or in connection with the organisation and holding of those activities;

(b)the purposes of display at a permitted event

Comment

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
                        How ridiculous. Ive been playing for years and years and painted many two tones yet still a free man.

its only an offence to manufacture, NOT ownership, so unless the powers that be actually witnessed you doing the dirty deed, you would not be arrested, charged or prosecuted retrospectively.....because as I said its not a crime to own a RIF regardless of age or defence

- - - Updated - - -

there are so many loopholes in this whole sorry affair, that I would imagine I could take the OPs offending article and transform it into a beautiful realistic toy for free hand it back to him and everything would be cushty
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Still laughing that after 7 years of the VCR-A being in force people still aren't getting it down to a T.

You essentially have a list of things that are illegal such as purchasing a RIF and manufacturing an IF into a RIF. UKARA is one of many, many defences you can have that makes such activities acceptable in the eyes of the law.

Changing an IF in anyway so that it becomes a RIF is 'manufacturing' as that is the term used in lieu of such terms as 'conversion'. If you can prove you play regularly enough then converting your IF to a RIF is fine, you don't need the likes of UKARA to do that.

UKARA is just a system that makes it easier for people to sell to one another and for retailers to check. It is not the be all and end all but is just a simple system to prove you qualify for something, reducing the legwork of either parties.

The only one that a lot of people don't get is the 'principle colour' argument of an IF. It is stated that the 'principle colour' should be unrealistic and this is often taken to mean that 51% or more of the gun must be a solid and unrealistic colour however many an 'IF' sold by many shops are not 51% or greater and as such either that proves that no-one checks, no-one cares and the VCR-A is a waste of time or 'principle colour' is a rather loose term that isn't truly defined aside from 'not realistic for the firearm'.

Perhaps we just need an idiots guide to it somewhere and just get it over with. After seven years shops, people and even site owners are still getting it wrong, intentionally or otherwise.

'FireKnife'
                          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Slight troll from me to get the actual answers put on the table. Many times I read the UKARA threads on here leaving the OP thinking he's going to prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
                              Out of curiosity, where did you find that out?
                              http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ation-firearms

Section 39, subsection 2b

'A person is guilty of an offence if—

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it ceases to conform to the specifications so required of it;'

Act responsibly, don't wave it around in public, transport it in a plain package or bag, and you will be fine. A defence is anything that proves you have a sound reason for manufacturing. Regular attendance at an established venue is one. You sign a disclaimer everytime you go, so there's your historical proof right there, member or not.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NightOwl Find out more about NightOwl
                              Working...
                              X