G&G CQB 'Rush' vs APS M4 Armatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G CQB 'Rush' vs APS M4 Armatus

Title says it all really, these two seem pretty comparable on paper. I'm after some opinions on internals, reliability etc for my son's first AEG. Obviously a metal receiver on the APS vs plastic on the G&G hence 30 quid difference, but what do you think?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...775f0e107bf018

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6354

Thanks

Re: G&G CQB 'Rush' vs APS M4 Armatus

G+G
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
      G+G
      Brief

Thanks though, what's the main reasons?

Comment

IIRC You can buy those combat machines for a shade under £200 with a metal body, but I've seen some of their old Top tech stuff (gen 1 or gen 2) for about £220.

If I was going to spend £200 on an Armalite style AEG, I'd buy a WE M4A1 AEG, however from the two you have picked out, I'd go for the G&G. They are great guns for the money; The only downside is the plastic body, but it is very strong. I've heard good and bad things about APS guns, but G&G is definately the more reputable brand.

Comment

Cheers, I like the WE range but we're not keen on front-wired for various reasons. We were pretty set on a G&G until I saw that APS this morning but good to hear we were on the right track.

Comment

G&G without a doubt. I've seen some very funk proprietary parts in APS guns before. Makes it a nightmare when something goes wrong. Those G&G are very solid gats, you'd do well to go down that route. Even with the polymer body.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
              G&G without a doubt. I've seen some very funk proprietary parts in APS guns before. Makes it a nightmare when something goes wrong. Those G&G are very solid gats, you'd do well to go down that route. Even with the polymer body.
              Cool, thanks. The lighter polymer is a bit of a plus for him too so that's good, seems like a good entry gun that he can add sights, front grip etc to.

Comment

As above G are a good brand which you know what you are getting and is reliable
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperman View Post
                  Title says it all really, these two seem pretty comparable on paper. I'm after some opinions on internals, reliability etc for my son's first AEG. Obviously a metal receiver on the APS vs plastic on the G&G hence 30 quid difference, but what do you think?

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...775f0e107bf018

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6354

Thanks

I have owned the APS (pre-hybrid gearbox ASR 107) and worked on APS and G&G systems so have a reasonable experience with both.

For my money, I would go with the G&G because of its solid reputation as a starter weapon, it will require little if any tinkering to get it to perform well and will be within site limits ~330fps.

When I bought my APS, it was a good buy, was reliable and very very accurate, but in my view, times have changed and I reckon you can buy better for the money. My other concern is whether the version on Zeroone is kitted out with the old style pre-hybrid gearbox (in other words, its a gun that's been sitting around unsold in Zeroone's store room for a couple of years) or whether its the new style 109 with hybrid gearbox. This is important as when you buy it, it will not be shooting at 350fps as advertised, in my experience it will be well above and you will need to replace the spring. With the hybrid gearbox, this is very very easy to do, with the old style gearbox, you will have to take the whole thing to bits...

R
                  Last edited by rjb; 4 November, 2014, 13:02. Reason: Grammar

Comment

APS are poor, Ive seen players bring them out all shiny and new and then see then walk back into the safe zone during the same game with a sad look on their face and their shiny new toy broken.

For a starter M4, G&G is a top notch bet. And their polymer is again, brilliant. light but very strong and durable.

I dont blame you not wanting to go for a front wired rifle. they are a pain (but not impossible) to work on if needed.
                    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I wouldn't buy either of them. I'd get one of the non-blowback £120 G&G Raider jobbies and use the 40 quid saved for batteries/mags or even better a high torque motor.

I've not seen/noticed any tangible performance difference to justify paying the extra £30-40 for the blowback.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird_666 View Post
                        I wouldn't buy either of them. I'd get one of the non-blowback £120 G&G Raider jobbies and use the 40 quid saved for batteries/mags or even better a high torque motor.

I've not seen/noticed any tangible performance difference to justify paying the extra £30-40 for the blowback.
                        What he said and I used a CQW Rush as my main RIF for 12 + months and still own it.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's more than that for him I think - mainly externals, front mounting options on the rails, no (fixed?) A front sight, nice punchy looking flash hider etc. He quickly discounted the 120 quid Raiders as he wanted a few options and not a bog-standard M16 + carry handle.

Who knows what goes on in the mind of lads these days?? Guess I can see what he means in part though.

Comment

I currently own an aps pre hybrid model and a g&g cm16, the g&g wins hands down. All I have done is change the connectors, barrel and motor in the g&g and it's great. The aps has been used for 6 hours total had countless replacement parts and is now currently stripped down in bits to be sold for parts as it's knackered, g&g is miles better

Comment

Thanks for all the advice folks. Will deffo get the G&G and good to have it confirmed, should be a cool 1st gun for him.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Reaperman Find out more about Reaperman
                              Working...
                              X