An Optics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Optics Question

I have bought some optics for my M4. Fitted as you can see. The issue is that the height of the X3 scope doesn't match up to the Reflex sight, so when looking through the X3 scope, through the reflex sight, the reticle is very low down in the view. I'm getting the top of the reflex sight into the view and its causing a visual disturbance. Is it possible to adjust these items in any way to match them up better? Is there something I can put on the rail to raise the height of the reflex sight? Or do I need to replace one of the items in order to get a better match? Any recommendations as to what goes with what? Any info or advice greatly appreciated.

M4 Optics 001.1.jpg
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Re: An Optics Question

Simple answer: You'll need a low-ish riser under the reflex. Madbull do one that is pretty low for £35ish.

I had a similar problem when I ran a FTS magnifier with an aimpoint, getting a perfect alignment takes a lot of fiddling with foam padding in the mounts below the one and above the other. With a reflex though, riser all the way.

Comment

You sir, are a leg end. Many thanks.

Comment

I always wear hard lower face protection, so I actually have a riser for both the sight and the magnifier but the magnifier riser is purposefully slightly lower to solve this exact problem

Not the best pic to show it but it's all I have.

Edit: Another good tip with these magnifiers is that you can align it further by loosening the mount (that clamps the optic) and rotating the whole thing round. Because they are inexpensive they aren't dead centre, so by rotating it you can move the reflex reticule to a more central position.

Comment

Stormin, is that on an AUG?

Comment

Yes, A3 version

Comment

Just every now and then I see an AUG setup that I like. You have joined those happy few mate, because normally I hate the AUG's face.

Comment

Thanks. I've since changed a couple things. When I get a chance I'll get an up to date pic of the whole thing and see if I still get the Figjam seal of approval :P

Comment

Just thought I'd post a pic of the final solution, as advised by Sir Figeth of Jam. Thanks again chap for your help. Look forward to the full pics of the AUG Stormin, looks like a beaut.

M4Optic2 002.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

David J-S Find out more about David J-S
                  Working...
                  X