Adjusting hop up and zeroing scopes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting hop up and zeroing scopes.

I am fairly new to airsoft. I have just purchased a magnification scope and a holographic sight. I have fitted them to my rif but need to adjust / zero them and would prefer to do it before I go on a site. Problem is I live in a flat with no garden. Any suggestions as to alternative locations this can be done other than a site?

Re: Adjusting hop up and zeroing scopes.

Hi mate welcome to the sport.
    In terms of 'zeroing' a sight, its fairly simple if it is high quality, you just simply need maybe around 5m between rifle and target, rest the rifle on something and take around 5 shots, as long as the windage is correct as in the rounds and landing inline with the reticule and are just visible at the bottom the sight picture then it will be a 2 minute job zeroing at distance.
    This is a method i have used and hopefully if done correctly and with hop set the rounds should rise to the 'point of zero' basically when the point of the reticule intersects the round.

Hop-up however is a different story, you need to adjust to suit the range from which you are firing, some prefer dropping rounds, others prefer the rising shot but its user preference. So to get the best results it's preferable to set your hop in accordance with the type of engagements you will be facing on the site you will be playing at that day.

Comment

All well and good doing it to 5m but at longer ranges your sight will be out.

Personally always used a boresight, £20 off ebay takes seconds to adjust. (Mainly because i share one sight around 3 guns)

Comment

Yeah but your not zeroing at 5m, you are setting correct windage and having you rounds land around 6 inches below where you are aiming. Once then the range is increased the rounds should rise under the effect of the hop into the reticule, for a point of zero at around 20-30m. It will not give a perfect point of impact zero but it will greatly reduce the amount of tinkering once you arrive on site.

Comment

It would be best to do it on site.

First adjust the hop by sighting down the side of the rifle and watching the shots travel until they are going the furthest they can, you will need a long open stretch to do this in.

Then just adjust the scope by finding a preferred average distance (say 40-50m) and just keep firing and adjusting until you are hitting roughly dead centre of the reticule (you will never be 100% perfect in airsoft).

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry I was tired reading it this morning...

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jaroff Find out more about jaroff
              Working...
              X