ACOG on a m14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACOG on a m14?

Do you think a ACOG would be any good for a m14. It is 4x32 .

Re: ACOG on a m14?

I think it would look good, as long as you got a big chunky ACOG and not a little diddy one otherwise it would just get swamped by the gun

Comment

it work just fine but it'd look plain wrong

Originally posted by gijohn2
      What does every one else do as a support role?
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      shoot lots.

Comment

Google is your friend! :D

I've got a 4x35 Acog on the way for my M14.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

Tbh I think it looks quite good actually. Gonna get that instead of a scope. Don't want an heavy scope on my m14. Just want something that I can aim down quickly and take those quick shots

Comment

I quite like it too. M14 is a heavy rifle, no need to make it more heavy with a heavy scope
            Originally posted by B.E.N.
            Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
            Tactical bed covers...
            Double or single?

Comment

Nope not for me. It looks small and piddly on such a substantial gun. Isn't it weird how someones idea of coolness is someone elses naffness.

If I was going to put something on a M14 for fast target acquisition I think I would go for an Aimpoint and a 3xmagnifier on a larue flip mount. But personally I would always put a scope on a M14.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                If I was going to put something on a M14 for fast target acquisition I think I would go for an Aimpoint and a 3xmagnifier on a larue flip mount. But personally I would always put a scope on a M14.
                This is what i do. Still waiting for my magnifier, but i find i get on really well with an Aimpoint. Better than i did with my scope.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I have also heard for practicality, that ACOGS area bitch for eye relief. Never having owned or used one I can't say. But i do know the aimpoint and 3x mag is good, having used that configuration. It may pay you to try one on a gun before buying
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
                    I have also heard for practicality, that ACOGS area bitch for eye relief.
                    +1 Tried an ACOG on my M14. The eye relief was a pain in the backside since an M14 mount sits far ahead of the stock - I was constantly having to crane my neck forward to see properly through the sight. Also, it sat quite high so my cheek rest was being used as a chin rest instead. A scope fixed this problem and looked way better - wasn't much heavier either.

This is win :D

Comment

Originally posted by Marui_Man View Post
                      +1 Tried an ACOG on my M14. The eye relief was a pain in the backside since an M14 mount sits far ahead of the stock - I was constantly having to crane my neck forward to see properly through the sight. Also, it sat quite high so my cheek rest was being used as a chin rest instead. A scope fixed this problem and looked way better - wasn't much heavier either.

This is win :D

Agreed. A scope is probably the better option than an ACOG. Thats why i'm not going to get an ACOG anymore. Thanks for the help though guys!

Comment

+1 on the scope,

Shamless plug but heres what mine is currently looking like..

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48130

Steve
                        My Armory:
                        ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                        Working...
                        X