ASG Sti Tac Master - Suppressors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Sti Tac Master - Suppressors?

I was unable to find anything using the Z-In search function, or the almighty google, so it's not looking promising...

I recently got an STI Tac Master (GG/CO2 ASG licensed) and would quite like to get a suppressor on there (just something about a suppressed 1911......).

Can't see any threads on the barrel at all, internal or external, so if there is a way of doing it, I assume it would require a new outer barrel.

Just wanted to know if anybody has done it/how...
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: ASG Sti Tac Master - Suppressors?

If this is the KJ works clones (easy way to tell, does it have a magazine that takes 25 shots) then it will require a new barrel.

Cheapest option is the WE barrel (as it is a TM clone for that part) or one of the rarer Asian options that are expensive.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Well, it says capacity is 26, so I guess you're right! Thanks!

Just to confirm before I order anything, would sticking a WE mag in there work to double check?
      sigpic
      "I are God, lol."

Comment

No, WE is only compatible with themselves and SOCOM Gear 1911s.

Comment

Ta.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

Yeah, it is only really some of the WE parts that are compatible with TM / KJ guns.

This is due to WE making the 1911 off of the Hi-Capa just before TM actually released their own better 1911A1 which KJ then copied.

WE barrels can work but they are made of mediocre metals and the threads can easily wear if used too much.

'FireKnife'
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm assuming that any 1911 barrel would fit (long as it's TM compatible)?

You'll have to forgive such blasphemous words, but to me all 1911/Hi-Capas look the same!
              sigpic
              "I are God, lol."

Comment

That depends. Barrels that use a bushing and are meant for TMs or clones should be fine.

Bull barrels, the ones that widen near the muzzle end may fit but may need a different recoil plug and of course no bushing.

Best bet would either to be spend the money on a TM design that will work or spend less on the WE ones and put up with the fact it isn't amazing .

'FireKnife'

Comment

Well I was browsing barrels on the interwebs and found plenty of aftermarket OBs for the TM 1991A1/MEU.

I'm pretty sure the Tac Master counts as an MEU, but correct me if I'm wrong.

sigpic
                  "I are God, lol."

Comment

The TM bushing barrel (bushing being that collar you have to remove to get the barrel out) is the same throughout the Series and the clones so it should fit. The Tac Master is just a KJ MEU with rail that has been rebranded by ASG.

However if you are buying a high end one beware that they are made to very tight tolerances in some cases and may require a little sanding and sorting to get them to work, the WE ones are the opposite and might get a bit 'rattly'.

Either way they should work but they are never pure drop ins from what I have seen.

'FireKnife'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                    Working...
                    X