• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap effective gas blowback rifle

Originally posted by rjb View Post
    They should be... After all, no UKARA=no sale

R

What rubbish. Plenty of us are not on the UKARA database, and can purchase RIFs legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Azubi View Post
      What rubbish. Plenty of us are not on the UKARA database, and can purchase RIFs legitimately.
      Many shops do seem to be operating this policy though nowadays. But granted saying that flat out is stupid, there are other methods.

As for waiting 2 months for UKARA tell them to f##k off. All you need is a signed and stamped form which you can print off yourself, take to a game, get it signed, stamped and dated and sent to any retailer in the UK for approval. You will have it done usually within the week at the most, often within the same business day as the letter arriving. I know you can't name the site but it would be nice to know which site is so full of s##t as that one.

As for getting a GBBR for cheap I wouldn't bother and this is coming from a long time, gas only player. It may be fun and cool but to start with you need an AEG and to work from there. Playing gas only changes your play style a lot and can do so to the point that, like me, you try to treat every gun like it has a 25 shot magazine :p. It is fun but should be seen of as an extra or a permanent choice, not ideally as a starter.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Azubi View Post
        Clearly meant to illustrate a point and not be a blanket statement...

That said, I have been refused on two occasions from 2 separate shops, despite being able to show a valid site membership card, so as near as dammit if you happen to live where I do and your local site doesn't stock what you're looking for!

Comment

Solid 'go-to' AEG first, shiney expensive GBBR afterwards, that's how it should work in airsoft.

GBBRs are very field specific, they're awesome in CQB but suck in woodland.
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I picked up a G&G RK103 yesterday which until I got home I didn't know it was an EBB. I've found it to be terrifyingly loud, like each and every shot is met with ear splitting crack off the bolt cover flinging back. If thats what your after, I'd whole heartedly recommend one of them. I have only ever run a GBB pistol n a skirmish, an even then I cant imagine running that as my primary all day as the gas is simply unreliable between temp, seals going mid game, valve freezing.... etc etc.

Blowback was never really my thing on an AEG but having had it for only 48 hours I'm finding it hard to remember what relatively silent plinking was like, I would definitely recommend having a look at a G&G offering as they seem to be a well made item.
            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Thanks man will have a look into that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Levelman Find out more about Levelman
              Working...
              X