Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing an Airsoft site

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of trying out Airsoft in the New Year and I just wanted to ask what I need to look for in an Airsoft site?
    Can you guys give me any advice about Airsoft sites?

Re: Need help choosing a Airsoft site

Obviously travelling distance is your first consideration. Where abouts in the UK are you, what modes of transport are available to you and what is your acceptable travel time?

Comment

I think you need to ask yourself these questions at least:

1. Do I want to play woodland/field games or CQB?
      2. Do I want to start with an intense experience or something a little more "gentle"?
      3. Do I want to play several short games or fewer longer ones in a day?

When you have the answers to those questions, google for sites near you and try the ones that you think will suit you.

Alternatively, just try a selection of local sites and see what you like.

Comment

I'm in Hertfordshire, I've got a car and no more than thirty minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the advice! I'm going to visit a woodland site this Sunday.

Comment

Given that you are in Hertfordshire, I would recommend AWA.

Comment

Re: Need help choosing an Airsoft site

Google 'Airbana'. They have a huge map of the UK with a lot of sites marked on it. Then you can find where you live (its all based on Google maps) and see whats around you. Its updated quite regularly, but its a good starting point. Then you can find some names of sites near you, then you can go look at their websites/Facebook pages/ask on here etc!
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I've not played AWA, prob a great site, but I will say be a bit more flexible on distance/time, I'd hate to think you chose a site merely on the basis its 30 mins away, which could equate to as little as 10/15 miles, only to have a shitawful game because the site isnt that good or is badly run.
              On a personal note, I'd vouch for UrbanAsault, not a million miles away from you but easily over an hour away, I've never had a bad gameday there, played it at least 6 times spanning a few years, & & I live literally on the south kent coast, so for me its a considerable journey to get to UA.
              If its travel costs, why not try to rope in some mates, split the cost equally & all have a great day........win win situation.
              Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark!

I'll give it a go

Comment

Look up Tech Brigade. The site is just next to Hatfield. Great woodland site, very friendly. Games run every 2 weeks on a Sunday. Facebook: Tech Brigade Tactical.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Icewind Armoury Find out more about Icewind Armoury
                  Working...
                  X