Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter weapons

Hi All

I had a search for this topic and couldn't find much on it although i am sure it will have been covered before....

Being a gas man i am looking for the following advise as my gbb have decided its time that they would rather be in a nice warm man cave than out on the field.

I am looking for a decent but not top of the range aeg to get me through the winter. I bought a combat machine off here and to put it bluntly its crap, not sure if that is completely down to g&g as when i got it it was in pretty awful condition.

I have also considered a g&g gbb combat machine, with the thought that the poly body might resist the cool down a bit better, weather it would be enough to see a game through though i dont know.

So if anyone can recommend a reasonable value for money aeg to get me through the winter months i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Graeme

Re: Winter weapons

what exactly is your budget, do you still need mags batteries and charger? and what weapons do you like the look of?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

hjave you tried running propylene in your gbbs? it might be enough to make them run at the expense of making you smell like ass though

Comment

I suggest moving to LA for the winter if you are this dead set on gas

Otherwise unless you are using co2 you may as well go for just knife kills.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

G&G GBBs aren't true GBBs, they are also for want of a better word, a bit rubbish. Their Combat Machine guns though are excellent, so IM sorry to hear you weren't too impressed. It could have just been abused by a previous owner and then sold as 'lightly used' or the other favourite word for 2nd hand airsoft sellers 'mint condition'. But out the box when they are new they are very good.

Depending on what your feelings are, converting a gun to run on HPA would be the best bet as air doesn't suffer the same codlin effect as a propane based airsoft gas, but its a bit of work to do it.

Otherwise, you could try the new WE Nurpol gas range, these are *supposed* to be better in the cold, but sadly the laws of physics and Boyles law of gasses will always run true on a GBB, no matter how hard you try and get around it.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I'd recommend a CA G36 as it's a really solid design (the barrel is screwed in place on multiple points, so is the gearbox), CA looks the best, the C handguard can fit a 9.6v NiMH, the gearbox is a common v3 and the top rail is raised.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Apart from the fact nimh batteries suffer horrifically in the cold. Lipos fare far better as the chemical reaction isn't as badly effected. They are also more power dense, size to size, so you'd unlikely notice a trail off on a decently mah sized lipo pack on the average game day.
              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
                G&G GBBs aren't true GBBs, they are also for want of a better word, a bit rubbish. Their Combat Machine guns though are excellent, so IM sorry to hear you weren't too impressed. It could have just been abused by a previous owner and then sold as 'lightly used' or the other favourite word for 2nd hand airsoft sellers 'mint condition'. But out the box when they are new they are very good.

Depending on what your feelings are, converting a gun to run on HPA would be the best bet as air doesn't suffer the same codlin effect as a propane based airsoft gas, but its a bit of work to do it.

Otherwise, you could try the new WE Nurpol gas range, these are *supposed* to be better in the cold, but sadly the laws of physics and Boyles law of gasses will always run true on a GBB, no matter how hard you try and get around it.
                i think the cm16 was an abused example matey, considering when i received it half of the field from the his last game with it was all over the gun..... Never even gave it a once over before he sent it, plus the mag he sent it with was crap, i got some p mags that help alot

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                what exactly is your budget, do you still need mags batteries and charger? and what weapons do you like the look of?
                hi buddy, ideally i would like a battery and charger and any weapon really i will make do through the winter. I have seen a classic army m4 on zero one for £120 with a battery and charger, seems decent price.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                hjave you tried running propylene in your gbbs? it might be enough to make them run at the expense of making you smell like ass though
                i havent tried propylene mate, i might give it a whirl. Why cant we use MAPP?

Comment

i havent tried propylene mate, i might give it a whirl. Why cant we use MAPP?
                  Afaik, it is the same thing?

Comment

Re; the classic army m4, possibly a good price, or possibly a heap of shizen.
                    Best bet is too also look at the seller, his feedback, his postcount, how long he's been a member, all of these can be indicators, & the lower any of them is, the higher your level of caution should be.
                    & if all are high, then consider buying it, as if the seller has a good rep, its usually unlikely he will want to risk that for the sake of shifting a knackered m4.
                    Alternatively, consider the g36 mentioned earlier, their great guns but appear to have gone slightly out of fashion as every man & his dog seemingly wants to own "the black rifle" (even when their not black lol).
                    Plus with a magwell you can use your existing m4 mags.
                    Mark

Comment

ICS M4 are very good guns for the price,and they dont seem very expensive in the 2nd hand market
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

will do a little research on a g36 thanks buddy

Comment

I have an AWESOME AEG package up for sale,

Comment

Originally posted by shamus5178 View Post
                            I have an AWESOME AEG package up for sale,
                            Lol shameless.
                            Originally posted by Lt. Macka