Expired UKARA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired UKARA?

Most probably going to be an odd question but my UKARA has expired, yet can i still own my RIFS without getting in trouble? I always carry them in a concealed bag and have them chained the wall just in case of the siblings want to do something crazy. Can i still purchase RIFS with an expired UKARA? or do i need to go back to my local site and register again?

Thanks
    sigpic

Re: Expired UKARA?

You can still own them, and move them about with the same restrictions as you would while you had UKARA (i.e. out of sight, with an appropriate reason for having them in public)

Purchasing is theoretically possible if you can prove you are still playing on a regular basis, but it's down to the shop or seller in question. Many will only accept UKARA, others are more flexible.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

- you can still own your rifs
      - you can still purchase rifs with an expired ukara, however, your ukara number wont be your defence of skirmish as it has expired, you will just have to prove your defence in another way, like getting someone to call the site if you want to buy a gun etc
      - recommend not chaining siblings to the wall

Comment

There was never a law concerning ownership, the law is only concerned with purchase, import and sales.

With regards to the second part of the question, here's the thing, you never legally needed UKARA to purchase your guns in the first place. UKARA is a defence you provide others so that they can sell to you.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, i think ill just renew my UKARA to be on the safe side. Hoping ZO stock some ATEI slides soon :D
          sigpic

Comment

Mine has expired as well but I'm in no hurry to renew since the new found inability to purchase guns has saved me a small fortune ��
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
            It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kriegshammer Find out more about Kriegshammer
            Working...
            X