Looking for help choosing my first gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for help choosing my first gun

Upgrade it to 9.6v matey it will increase rate of fire when I had my g&g cm16 it started around 15 rounds per second on a 8.4v then I upgraded to a 9.6v it went to 18.3 rounds and I have to say that's good for a starter gun but till u get into it properly just stick with what you got.
    But 1st upgrade 9.6v battery

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Ralliart View Post
      Upgrade it to 9.6v matey it will increase rate of fire when I had my g&g cm16 it started around 15 rounds per second on a 8.4v then I upgraded to a 9.6v it went to 18.3 rounds and I have to say that's good for a starter gun but till u get into it properly just stick with what you got.
      But 1st upgrade 9.6v battery
      Cool thanks for the advice. I'll definitely have to get a better battery

Comment

The higher voltage battery will also break the rifle quicker though pal as it puts more strain on the parts but that's up to you. Personally i would go for a 9.6v but it depends on how long you want the rifle to last for I guess.
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
          The higher voltage battery will also break the rifle quicker though pal as it puts more strain on the parts but that's up to you. Personally i would go for a 9.6v but it depends on how long you want the rifle to last for I guess.
          Wow thats a tough decision, increased fire rate but breaks my gun quicker. How long will the rifle last if I put the 9.6V battery in it? A couple of years?

Comment

Originally posted by Frostlord View Post
            Wow thats a tough decision, increased fire rate but breaks my gun quicker. How long will the rifle last if I put the 9.6V battery in it? A couple of years?
            No one can say, how longs a piece of string ?.....I've known brand new guns to pack up after 5 mins, & s/h guns carry on for years irrespective of the abuse.
            As for the rof, why the hurry to up it ?, 3 or 4 more bb's a second won't make the difference to whether you hit someone or not, after all it only takes 1 bb..........that's my mantra !.
            Better to maybe consider mods that will improve the trigger response rather than the rof.

Comment

I'm afraid that that question is impossible to accurately answer pal; although I have seen someone estimate 10-15% more wear when using 9.6v over 8.4v standard batteries. The time it takes to break will vary depending on your specific rifle-how well its set up, your luck, how often you use it, for how long each time and how much you say use semi or really long fully auto bursts.

If it were me I would get a 9.6v battery (preferably with deans connectors assuming you can solder the connectors on your rifle to match) and use this until it breaks or you get bored, given that its great value and inevitably you will want something new/better after a while, but like I say up to you. Just shout if anything else you need help with, like which battery to get etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tackle View Post
              No one can say, how longs a piece of string ?.....I've known brand new guns to pack up after 5 mins, & s/h guns carry on for years irrespective of the abuse.
              As for the rof, why the hurry to up it ?, 3 or 4 more bb's a second won't make the difference to whether you hit someone or not, after all it only takes 1 bb..........that's my mantra !.
              Better to maybe consider mods that will improve the trigger response rather than the rof.
              Higher ROF makes up for airsoft guns being really inaccurate and particularity when shooting through shrubs/woodland. Also a higher voltage battery does increase trigger response as well as ROF because you are supplying the motor with more current so it can create more torque to pull back the spring faster and therefore shoot faster.
              For sale:

-Splitting M4
              -MP5 Parts
              -MP7a1
              -M9 Magazine

Comment

If the battery you have is indeed a 7.4v then it's a LiPo and buying a 9.6v NiMh (which seems to be the implication) won't make any difference other than your battery now being bigger, heavier and the equivalent of watching a film on VHS.
                REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I might just keep the battery that I have for now. There will be plenty of time for upgrades and I'm not in a rush.
                  Just trying to take in all info I can to help me get started

Comment

Yep, at the cost of burnt out trigger contacts etc.
                    The op has said it all in his thread title, so surely he shouldn't be in a hurry to wipe it out with possibly unnecessary & probably expensive upgrades, which is why I recommended the tm m4s, not cheap but def not an expensive gun by today's standards, but a very good level of reliability.
                    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"........... For his first gun, better to use it as a measure of his playing style, weapon " likes" etc & then move on to better kit, why buy a budget gun only to immediately start throwing cash in to it ?
                    As for the batts, I've run 8.4's, 9.6's & even a couple of 10.8's just for the craic........but now manage just fine with 7.4 lipo's, response & ROF is adequate/good, charge quick, still have decent lifespan when playing & being lipo they come up in enough size/shape variations that I can power all my kit, irrespective of stocks etc, these little buggers fit anywhere.

Comment

Ye sorry missed that, a 7.4v lipo will do the same as a 9.6v nimh and will cause the same problems and benefits mentioned above.
                      For sale:

-Splitting M4
                      -MP5 Parts
                      -MP7a1
                      -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frostlord Find out more about Frostlord
                      Working...
                      X