AK47 loose front sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK47 loose front sight

I have a TM AK47 full stock and the front sight and silencer twist sideways either way its not alot but enough to make the sight out. i tryed to tighten it using the small screw underneith but upon tightening it it seems to have striped the thread
    Is there anything i can do to repair this? will a bigger screw help or can the screw be to big and go into the inside of the barrell?

I can take photos if needed

Re: AK47 loose front sight

Classic TM.

few options tbh.

one or two layers of insulation tape around the outter barrel and put the front end back on.

get a wider screw (usually have to cut it down) and use it.

buy a new fore end, you'll see where the screw goes in, is actually oval shape, or buy a new outter barrel.

really i'd upgrade and get a front set that is pinned instead of screwed.

how often do you take it down? because it is possible to take down the entire TM ak47 without takeing the fore end off, so you could try glue, i never had, but its another option.

Boris
    K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

To mend it properly you will either have to buy a new outer barrel or drill the hole to the next size up, tap the hole to the correct thread type. You can just cut the screw to the required length they are usually ok, but might need to file it a tiny bit to remove sharp edges.

You could always just be a rough arse though, drill out the hole slightly. Go to B and Q or equivellent get a self tapper and bodge it in. Up to you. I know what I would do but then I do own a tap and die set. ;P
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Bit of tape and a little fatter screw worked a treat thanks for the advice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
        Working...
        X