Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a dilema

Firstly, happy new year and all that stuff

OK, we have a welt of knowledge and experience on here, so would like to tap into it.
    I own a Project PTW, an Aries honey badger and a project DTW gun? I had a play at last week ends GZ woodland and my PTW piled in, full auto only, away back for repairs. I took my new tippman out, and to be fair, it was alright but very loud., so that has been swapped out for a project DTW type gun. I ran my honey badger out for the day, and it was ok as a back up gun, range not bad but ROF was a bit pants and it didn't seem to like my auto 900 rnd mag for some reason.

Anyway, my dilemma is this, am after a second descent gun and am open to ideas and suggestions.

Thoughts so far:

No gas or GBBR, AEG only and in stock somewhere in the UK (but without breaking forum rules)

Another M4 style but compact, high ROF so can use my existing spare bits like a 416C

A TM M4 EBB, but are these any good, bty and mags compatibilities

A AK short type, non of that tacticool stuff,. , say an AKSU

price range about £500

Cheers

Re: Bit of a dilema

For £500....is it worth looking into a 2nd PTW lower receiver? That way if something does go wrong (and its more likely to be something in the lower) then you can swap it out to the spare one.

Or if you do want a 2nd gun (and lets face it, we all do) then a TM Recoil variant is a possibility. They can take normal AEG mags too (provided you get the maxwell adapter) but then you lose the bolt lock function. Otherwise you're buying all new mags for it.

If you want something much cheaper, id personally look at a G&G Top Tech rifle. Replace the motor with something like the Lonex A2, add a simple Mosfet and they will run happily all day long with decent performance. They will also come in well under the £500 target here, leaving money for, well, anything. Im sure as well G&G are coming out with a super small M4 but with a DSG gears in there as standard. Im sure i saw it in a video on youtube from Shot Show last year. Not sure if its out or if it was canned but that would fit the high roof requirement.

An AK (apologies if you've already considered this) means maybe having to have a seprate rig/chest rig/plate carrier as AK mags are much bigger than M4 ones. Not the end of the world but could be a pain.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love my recoil and what it has done for my enjoyment of skirmishing. I have the AK102, which it looks from your comments isn't aesthetically to your tastes, but their AK74 is a nice short one AK with old school looks. Am actually seriously considering getting one as a second Recoil for CQB/backup (which I'd then change cosmetically for a more tacticool AK because that's how I roll-roll), and then perhaps get a bit of work done on my 102 to give it a little more FPS for woodland.
      Was looking at a review on youtube of the 417 recoil which also game me the horn, being their newest one it looks like it may well be the best performing recoil yet. The sound is amazing for an electric gun.

The AK74 is available in stock in the uk. Obviously there may be a bit of a wait before the 417 comes to our shores.

Just my thoughts... obviously we all have tastes.

Comment

Cheers lads for the replies, TBH i had thought about the admin requirement with changing platform, mags and rigs ect, but which ever way i go, am planing on sticking a big hoofing mag on it and run around in light order. As for the 417, had thought about that, but then thats mags and a waiting time from hell.

Same with a second PTW lower, had thought about this, but i want some thing short and snappy with a high cap, again for just hoofing around in light order.

To put some meat on the bones so to speak, i was at GZ woodland last week end and because of the numbers, it was a shorter closer game play and ideal just to leap around with a short fast gun.

Thoughts on this?

Comment

Thoughts on this http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6081

Comment

I was at that game and used on of these, ended up being the ideal weapon for the day. Enormous ROF, large mag and very intimidating. You should consider it. Mine has a red dot sight on it.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5485
            sigpic
            Member of the Outlaw Gaming Airsoft Team
            http://www.outlawgamingairsoft.co.uk
            "It's all about the Toky"

Comment

Yep, this is the kind of thing i mean. Leaning more towards M4 for commonality of parts/mags/kit.

Comment

Well, bit the bullet and ordered a new gun. Keep an eye on the "what shite have you just bought" thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
                Working...
                X