Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player from ipswich

i All,

Im Stefan, i recently decided to get in to the hobby after over hearing someone talking about airsoft and remembering the fun i had shooting when i was younger (Owned Air rifles, paintball guns and airsoft).

I never did airsoft at a site and just shot at friends on a local field. The guns we used to play with most of the time may aswell have been potato guns with no accuracy or distance to shots but fun none the less.

So since getting the idea of airsoft in my head ive done plenty of research in to what i want/need etc and have ordered a few quids worth of bits. Since Ukara is now a hobby wide scheme that didnt exist when i was younger ive had to order myself a two tone gun for now as i didnt fancy renting when the cash to rent could go towards a nice starter gun aka future back up.

So far ive brought myself -

1 x G&G CM16 Raider L

5 x Kings Arms Mid Cap mags

2 x 8.4v batteries

1 x Charger

1 x speedloader

6000 devil blaster pellets

A pair of Bolle Pilot goggles

A pair of combat trousers

A green hoody

Black tac gloves

A shemagh

Re: New player from ipswich

First things first.....welcome.
    Secondly, get yourself registered(3 games, time frame blah blah)
    And that's a great start with the cm16, plus you can it sprayed once membership in place.

And good to see you taling a serious interest.
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Hi Brilly, welcome to the forum, would suggest you read up on the forum rules and the VCRA/Ukara stuff so you can avoid the typical newbie stuff.

Being a Suffolk softer myself you have a few good sites to choose from, Ravens in Sproughton just outside of Ipswich seem to be mixing up their games......in a good way and not far away you have Gunman Tuddenham which I think is a great site from both a venue and marshalling point of view. You also have the Airsoft Plantation near Chelmsford (still not attended.....don't know why!) and if you are up for a drive UCAP the Sandpit is worth the drive as well (next to Bluewater). If you are into your Milsims, Tier 1 Military Simulation and Stirling run games at Stanta near Thetford.

One recommendation I would make, it get yourself a chest rig or something to carry your mags in (as you're running mid caps).
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome Stefan,

I hope you get into this sport and hobby as much as I have, I'm a regular down at ravens, it's nice and the people there are friendly. Emergencychimp mentioned a few over locals if you want to stretch your legs. I can also recommend Tuddenham and Billericay airsoft. There is an event this coming Sunday the 11th of Jan if you can make it down to Ravens.
        Last edited by CrAzY CH13F; 5 January, 2015, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY CH13F View Post
          Welcome Stefanie,

I hope you get into this sport and hobby as much as I have, I'm a regular down at ravens, it's nice and the people there are friendly. Emergencychimp mentioned a few over locals if you want to stretch your legs. I can also recommend Tuddenham and Billericay airsoft. There is an event this coming Sunday the 11th of Jan if you can make it down to Ravens.
          I plan on coming to raven on sunday providing my gun arrive

Comment

by the way, Stefanie was an auto correct thing, apologies! I would also recommend some good boots if you don't have any already.

Comment

I assumed so lmao used to br called it anyway lmao ive got some work boots ill use i think.

Just realised ive got 2 accounts with my tapatalk -_- ahhh i do that too much lol

Comment

Well the guns arrived :D

Amazed by the power, puts all the bb guns i had as a child to shame haha

Comment

Don't mean to put a damper on things, but I've not heard many good things about Ravens. It's (relatively) local to me, and that's what has put me off going.

Anyone care to enlighten me?
                  sigpic
                  "I are God, lol."

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                    Don't mean to put a damper on things, but I've not heard many good things about Ravens. It's (relatively) local to me, and that's what has put me off going.

I've heard more good than bad, i guess it depends who you ask maybe? All about personal preference and stuff id assume. Ill see how i find it sunday, if its not good ill go elsewhere and let you know.

Anyone got an opinion on raven?

Comment

Ravens has it's place.

The people who go are loyal and very friendly people, the guy who runs it loves airsoft and it's clearly a passion and has been since airsoft started, it's not massive, it's not too small and the games I have played there worked on the whole. Cheaper than most other sites and he has been generous with pyro in the past. There's generally loads of photos and they get posted quickly after the event (which I think is pretty cool of them). It feels more like a club than a site/business to make money.

However, the site is woodlands with sheds for a village, the safe zone is ok (much improved on our last visit), the site isn't massive so it seems hard to keep games that interesting and last time I was there some in our group found some players were consistent cheaters and it ruined their days. I didn't have a single problem all day. While he is passionate, a year or so ago it felt that the passion there was a little burned out but recently there has been a lot of announcements about new games, new styles, new rules etc. to change things up so maybe it's been refuelled. Facilities, toilets, charging etc are lacking.....but I don't care about that.

What it needs is some more features. Trouble with that is they are expensive or too permanent for an airsoft site, or too open to being vandalised. It will never be my regular site, but it will be a site that gets a visit or 2 per year.
                      sigpic

Comment

As a regular at Ravens, there are a lot of friendly people there, it's going to be like most places that someone has a bad experience and over exaggerates. I have had some bad days and really good days. As for as gameplay goes, some of the games the site owner makes up are a bit funky and some what seem over complicated at times.

Like emergencychimp says, it's mostly woodland with small clusters of buildings around. The most notable one is the safe zone and village area, comprised of sheds, fence panels and passage ways. Around 3/4 of the woodland is an irrigation ditch which you can manoeuvre around. At one corner of the woodland is a enforced bunker area, with pillbox slat style openings looking out at 90 degree angles, in another corner of the woodland there are trenches and fox holes with slanted bunker roofs to fire from all sorts of directions. In the centre there is Checkpoint Charlie, pretty much he deciding factor for most skirmishes as it can be easily defended and prove a challenge sometimes to over run.

While It has a similar feel through out as it's open terrain with trees, fallen over or large and upright, it's kinda what you would expect, I would like there to be a bit more variety for when it gets to cqb as it feels sometimes it's almost impossible to advance on a position if your team isn't coordinated enough. But a bit of chin wagging st the start to get the morn keen players involved usually does help.

Comment

In my opinion its a great site I've played a good few. Its the the atmosphere and players that really make it though, too many sites do you find the elitist and snobbish side of airsoft but here I find everyone's friendly and were all willing to help out if you need it. These videos get a bit of the site, and there has been more work done to the village since then. If you come tomorrow I'll be the one with the RPK and pink fluffy handcuffs.
                          *cough* shameless plug for views *cough*

Have I told you about my agitated lactose based beverage? It brings all the young chaps to the playing field...

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                            It's definitely the friendliest site I've been to and yeah it's small but it has it's merits. The village and Checkpoint Charlie are good focal points to fight around, especially if you get loads of smokes and bangs!
                            This year there are going to be more different game styles as mentioned on the new website. I'd definitely suggest that any new player should head out there as everyone is quite happy to show their kit and to answer any questions/recommendations. It's where I got most of my questions answered!

Comment

Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
                              It's definitely the friendliest site I've been to and yeah it's small but it has it's merits. The village and Checkpoint Charlie are good focal points to fight around, especially if you get loads of smokes and bangs!
                              This year there are going to be more different game styles as mentioned on the new website. I'd definitely suggest that any new player should head out there as everyone is quite happy to show their kit and to answer any questions/recommendations. It's where I got most of my questions answered!
                              Got me looking forward to tomorrow, feel like a kid before christmas sat here all excited with my shiny new gun and gear haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brilly91 Find out more about Brilly91
                              Working...
                              X